Interesting exhaust pipe choices

Discussion in 'Spare Parts, Tools & Product Developement' started by darwin, May 3, 2013.

1. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

2. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

those are for 4 strokes

3. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

Nice!

Maybe they are for four strokes. But us two stroke people aren't all that picky. I could be tempted to try it and I wouldn't even care all that much if it didn't work perfectly.

Though I suppose it'd be a waste if the engine/exhaust didn't breathe two stroke style at all.

But then I'd just chalk it up to experience.

4. 45u

45u Active Member

I got this one off eBay. Made just for these motors by a shop in FL and it is made for a 2 cycle. A pipe on a 2 cycle is much more critical on a 2 cycle then a 4 cycle. Many times on a two cycle a good pipe will make a BID difference!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

WINDY CITY BOB likes this.
  5. 45u

45u Active Member

Sorry but you have no clue about exhaust pipes on a 2 cycle. why install something that is going to make your motor perform worse????? Do some research and then get back to us.

6. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

Don't worry about me and what I might or might not know. I've been building these bikes for a long time now and I know that a lot of folks get things done well enough even after the nay-sayers have had their laughs.

Do you really think the stock exhausts, or an aftermarket poo pipe, are properly tuned to these cheap engines?

But that's okay......just go right ahead and sh!t on people's suggestions and tell them they don't know squat and see how for it gets ya.

WINDY CITY BOB likes this.
  7. 45u

45u Active Member

I have made my living for the past 45 years working on motorcycles of all types including but not limited to machine work. Putting a rod kit in one of these little motors is not a problem for me. Have you built any? No you are correct the stock and most of the after market pipes are not very good. But why would a person want to make ti worse? I am not shitting on any one just telling the facts so someone does not waste money on a pipe that might be worse! I thought I was nice about it you are the one turning it around. Run what every pipe you want if I change I will run that is better not worse! Do you make a living working on them? The only reason I ask would you recommend a pipe to a customer that is not any good or worse then what they have?

Last edited: May 20, 2016
  8. Frankfort MB's

Frankfort MB's Well-Known Member

I don't see a reason why not to install a expansion chamber

45u likes this.
  9. 45u

45u Active Member

Yes a good one makes a big difference but a poor one could make things worse. This is why I try to get those to buy a good one and not something that could make things worse.

Last edited: May 20, 2016
  10. Frankfort MB's

I have to say, I don't think anything is as bad as stock exhaust. But there are some people out there that was want something that looks cool or is quiet.
    I have the MZMIAMIPARTS expansion chamber and it is not only cool looking but very VERY loud

11. 45u

45u Active Member

Hate to here this as I was told they are not that loud. If it is too loud for me I will try a silencer. Wonder if there has been any changes made to them between yours and mine. I have not tired mine yet but only got it a few weeks ago. Thanks for the input.

12. Frankfort MB's

Sorry to hear the bad news, I bought mine around the same time.
    Have you took the cap off your stock exhaust before? If so, it's a little quieter than that WHILE your sitting on bike but as soon as you go to back of bike it gets loud again.... I don't mind noise sense it wards off animals in a 2 mile radius:)
    Something else to hit or be hit by lol

13. 45u

45u Active Member

Does it pop when you back off it? Is this loud you are talking about?

14. Nanonevol

Nanonevol Member

These little gas motors are loud - that's my main complaint and the reason I don't enjoy riding mine. They're damn obnoxious! Reminds me of mowing the lawn and I hate doing that! Someone figure out a real quiet pipe - that matters to me more than going a break-neck speeds.

15. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

ha! If you think the stock pipe is loud you ought to try an expansion chamber. that will leave your ears ringing!

Randall likes this.
  16. Nanonevol

Nanonevol Member

Thanks, but I'll save my ears for things like conversation and music. I'm grateful to my Dad who always made me wear ear protection when I used power tools, mowers, etc. The damage is permanent.

17. Frankfort MB's

What'd you say?;)
    I've learned that loud things aren't necessarily cool but something like MB's they need for people to know what they are and how fast they are lol

18. Nanonevol

Nanonevol Member

I've heard that argument with motorcycles - that they need to be loud for their own safety and I call BS on that. You take certain risks if you ride a motorcycle or MB that does not give you the right to annoy the rest of the population with loud farting noises.

19. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

Nano, unfortunately you are wrong. Letting your bike be loud enough for others to hear is a more immediate alert to them that a motorcycle is nearby and to look good before doing anything. I have "ringing of the ears" but I designed my silencer to not be too silent. I don't doubt that it has prevented many a car from swerving into me.

Randall, Holly, 45u and 1 other person like this.
  20. 45u

45u Active Member

Up until 105,000 miles I ran my stock pipes and mufflers on my Harley and for 11,000 a pair if slip ons that are not really loud as I like listing to my stereo and talk on the CB. Now on the bike with the pipe above I am going to run I more then likely have to make a silencer to keep peace with the neighbors.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016