Interesting Find Lifan Engine Custom Frame

M

mslipac

http://www.bsecanada.com/images/products/desc/PH-05.jpg

They are selling for $1500 Canadian Dollars...may be picking up a black one!

Engine: Lifan 70cc air cooled.Single Cylinder 4-Stroke
Bore & Stroke 47 x 41.4 (mm)
Control: Single Overhead Cam, 2 Valves
Lubrication Pressure Lubrication
Clutch: Automatic
Transmission 4 Speed, Foot Shift, Auto-clutch
Frame: Aluminum, Single Backbone, with integrated Fuel Tank
Front Suspension top performance Fast Ace 90-125 mm
Rear Suspension top performance Fast Ace Oleo-Pneumatic
Front Brake: disc brake
Rear Brake: disc brake
Seat Height: Adjustable 650 to 900 mm
Wheel Base: 1090mm
Ground Clearance 265mm
Fuel Tank: 1.2 liter
Dry Weight 36kgs
Wheels Aluminum, 20" Front and 18" Rear Available Colors: BLUE, SILVER, BLACK

Attachments

• PH-05a.jpg
    PH-05a.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 2,501
Last edited by a moderator:
well it's a fun looking little motor bike

not motorized bicycle -- but -- motor bike

with no pedals and a multi speed trans

will not be what most are looking for here

but for sure -- who wouldn't want that THING

It looks "fun-sized"...in the same way they "fun-size" candy bars....I'm not "fun-sized".

You'd be missing out on one of the best parts of the experience... building it. If you get into it you can really get creative. It also really helps when it comes time to diagnose and fix (that day WILL come). On the other hand, you could still get creative and be the first to transform a motor bike into a motorized bicycle (welding will be necessary).

Last year my girlfriend and I took a trip to Moab Utah to go Mountain Biking. There was a guy on the slickrock trail on one of these and it climbs like a goat. He was also doing some trials stuff on it in the parking lot. It looked very well built and extremely capable.

You'd be missing out on one of the best parts of the experience... building it. If you get into it you can really get creative. It also really helps when it comes time to diagnose and fix (that day WILL come). On the other hand, you could still get creative and be the first to transform a motor bike into a motorized bicycle (welding will be necessary).
Not sure welding would be necessary, there are 4 heavy threaded bosses on the bottom of the Honda engine cases that are used to hold the footpegs on. I'm thinking maybe a steel tube housing the bearings and crank spindle that just bolts on???

Back