Interesting weekend trip

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by kerf, Oct 21, 2010.

1. kerf

kerf Guest

Last Friday, my wife, daughter, son in law and I hopped the Crescent, here in Birmingham and rode to The Big Easy. Didn't know before boarding but you can take food and drink (including the adult kind) with you. There was a group of 11 in our car, that partied for the whole 7 1/2 hours. The Big Easy is an interesting place, it's flat and there and bicycles are everywhere but none with motors that I saw, gotta be some down there. We must have walked 30 miles, wife even got a blister from her tennis shoes. We took about 1/2 a day in the WWII museum, everyone needs to visit there, lots of history in that place that we don't need to forget.

On the way back, we left Tuscaloosa 30 minutes behind schedule and it's only 60 miles away. My son in law's GPS indicated we were running 80 MPH, right into Birmingham, arrived at the station 5 minutes ahead of schedule. Too bad because I called our ride from Tuscaloosa and backed him up 30 minutes. I did, however, learn from my mistakes and brought my own ice chest for the ride home. That may explain the two days it has taken me to recover.