Internals sticking

Ralord1977

Local time
2:36 PM
Need big help. When I engage clutch to turn over engine nothing moves. I removed head( gently )tapped piston with wooden dowel moved back wheel and got piston to move 2 or 3 strokes then it stuck again. And keeps sticking. I even tried with spark plug out. Need suggestions. I would really like to ride. Nothing more frustrating the going through the whole process and then nothing. Any help will be appreciated.

Might be a clutch problem. Some of these kits sit around a long time, and the grease sets up. Or, could be a mis-alignment of the clutch shaft. Don't panic, it's easier to fix than it sounds. Look at past posts on here concerning clutch fixes, especially the ones about adjusting tension on the shaft spring. Hope I pointed you in the right direction.:cool:

could be the upper or lower connecting rod bearing disintegrating.
or maybe the magneto nut or primary drive gear screw has backed off.
you gotta take things apart and carefully inspect everything.

could be just your chain jambing up on the sprockets - open the clutch cover and remove the flower nut to see if the bike rolls without the clutch engaged - if it does, look for something stuck in the gears or try to turn the engine (with spark plug out) and see where it hangs up

Back