Introduction

JeffSmith78

Local time
6:43 AM
Hello everyone. I am from Colorado Springs. I know nothing about bicycles of any sort, especially motorized, but it looks like I will be learning. I lost my drivers license, and am tired of waiting for rides and taking cabs, so I got a bicycle, but, I live across town from where I work, so it isn't all that practical. If I could find some way to put the motor from my weedwacker on the bike, it would make life a lot easier!!

Welcome to MBc, Jeff. If there's a will, there's a way, and I'm sure that weedwhacker engine will soon be powering your bike. There are a lot of very knowledgeable and creative people on this forum who will be able to give you the information you need.

pedal to save

Welcome Jeff, I hope getting a bike and riding to work becomes a positive development for you. Be careful on the roads, find the safe, quiet, shorter routes. Leave earlier so you have plenty of time to arrive and the ride becomes more enjoyable. Before the snow flies anyway.

I haven't researched the build it yourself approach but it seems friction drive might be the simplest. That will have limitations for you in the winter, but then two wheels on snow and ice ain't the best combo either. Good luck and know that there will be more folks looking to follow your lead.

Back