Inventor Shows Motor-less 40MPH(?) Bike Kit

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by mikem, Aug 28, 2009.

1. mikem

mikem Member

This short video was meant to highlight Mr. Bate's invention of an adaptor which allows a gasoline engine to run on methane gas. However, near the end of the video he shows another of his inventions ... a kit which he says will attach to any bicycle and make it almost "self-propelled". The bike part of the video starts at minute 11:45. Unusual.

Mr. Bate's Bike Kit

2. mattysids

mattysids Member

well my BS-ometer is flashing bright red right now

it seems that he says the energy to "drive" this bike arises from the rider's weight pushing on a mechanism during bumps in the road

the amount of energy obtained bumping in the road would be MINISCULE

barely enough to even move the obscene amount of gears on that thing

sounds like the classic perpetual motion fanatic to me (ex: running an electric motor into a flywheel and switching it on, then recharging, switching on, over and over leading to over 100% efficiency)
  3. srjeeper

srjeeper New Member

mattysids; "well my BS-ometer is flashing bright red right now"

I believe words simular to those were spoken about Newton, Davinci, Franklin, Einstein, Edison, Ford, Deisel and many other like minded men of vision. :eek:

Just how right were their critics? :whistling:
  4. mattysids

mattysids Member

well you'd think it would be on the road by now after 30 years if it worked lol
  5. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

That might help propel a bicycle if all the bike paths were covered in speed bumps.....
    Most roads I ride on are relatively smooth.