iPhone6 Vs Samsung Note 4

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by eaglelungs, Oct 14, 2014.

1. eaglelungs

eaglelungs New Member

I'm planning to buy a new mobile phone and I'm confused between iPhone6 and Samsung Note 4. I have been reading mix reviews about the two units I was wondering if I can get firsthand experience from you guys. Thank you so much in advance.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2015

2. HeadSmess

HeadSmess Well-Known Member

theyre both rubbish and im only just getting over the shock i received when i got my latest phone...it takes calls, makes em, and receives messages! and thats it. they actually still make them!

wap? huh? wifi? hot spots? what is all this drivel?

touch screens? what the?

i suppose one does have to be in with the trends of the day, be one of the cool kids, so i guess a phone that does no more than a phone should is out of the question... perish the thought that one might survive without one at all! oh no! losing connectivity with those people i dont really know but hey, they like all my FB pics, its crucial that i get to like them back! :)

lets see now...will it cook you dinner, or, when times get hard...can you eat it?

3. troyg

troyg Member

The use,... a status symbol for the simpleton, that's all.If you're not on an organ transplant team, having a cellphone (let alone smartphone/blackberry/android) is a toy for simple-minded consumers that use it as a show/talk piece, as a woman buys new shoes, because they "match" the "new" whatever.Though I can almost guarantee there will be those who defend it as if you were trying to take away a crack-pipe from a seasoned addict, "you just don't understand, I need it!".
    The best analogy: My grandfather told stories of, while fixing the tractor there would be a raven that would come by and steal the shiniest wrench, then the next shiniest, then the next, and next.Then hide them under shingles on an old barn, not do anything with them, just covet and obtain them.Doesn't that sound like 99% of the human populace?No need for them, no real use with them, just want and get the shiny thing, because, it's shiny.
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  4. butre

butre Well-Known Member

I like my galaxy s5. it beats carrying around a map, compass, calculator, camera, pedometer, heart rate monitor, flashlight, radio, and desktop computer.

if you're not concerned about having a really good camera you should probably just get a cheaper model. other than looks there's no other appreciable difference between modern smart phones.
  5. butre

butre Well-Known Member

think of a smart phone like a Leatherman and a normal cell phone like a plain old pocket knife. I often find myself needing something other than just a blade, so I often carry a multitool instead of or even along with my knife. likewise I'm constantly using the map and compass apps on my phone while out in the woods, I'm constantly using it for math while at work, I use it for a flashlight nearly every day, and I take pictures with it any time I find something worth taking a picture of.

my cell phone is a much better substitute for a real camera, map, or flashlight than my multitool is for a real saw, file, or screwdriver anyway.
  6. troyg

troyg Member

How much did the leatherman cost?
    How much is the contract for a leatherman?
    How much are the batteries for the leatherman?
    How long does it take to charge the leatherman?
    Does the leatherman stop working in certain areas?
    Would a phone fix or take apart anything like a leatherman?
    If you were born after cellphones became a ubiquity, you have no frame of reference.
  7. butre

butre Well-Known Member

price isn't particularly relevant to this discussion but it my leatherman mut wasn't that much cheaper than my cell phone.
    I've never bought replacement batteries for my cell phone but I think they're cheaper than replacement batteries for a cordless drill, and it takes about 30 minutes to charge.
    all tools have limitations and cell phones are no different.

I didn't get my first cell phone until about 6 years ago so I feel like I do have some frame of reference.
  8. jhammondcpa

jhammondcpa Active Member

I swapped out my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 for the new Note 4 and love it! Everything it does is faster, the pictures are better with stabilization, the battery lasts longer and it's my lifeline home when I am riding. My net cost was about $10 USD per month so it was a cheap upgrade and worth every penny.
  9. troyg

troyg Member

The cellular phone was around in the 70's, the bag phone was around in the 80's the UBIQUITY of the flip phone was in the 90's, when were you born??If it was prior to 1970 you have a frame of reference.What you are ignorant of is that not having one, isn't the same as them not existing around you, the constant bombardment of them and their commercials around you is as good as propaganda, you're brainwashed into the belief that "they're good, I need it".It's a toy, the users are the tool.No one here that thinks they're real "neato, keen" needs them, unless you are on an organ transplant team, doctor, someone important, not a run of the mill consumer.Yes you can buy them, yes anyone has the right to buy them, everyone has the choice to buy them as everyone has the choice not to breed.Doesn't make it right that everyone has them.No I don't own one, had an analog bag phone, and a flip phone, threw them both away years ago, and better for it.
  10. butre

butre Well-Known Member

forget the times, we apparently live in different worlds. I never even heard of a mobile phone until the early 2000s. the '90s was the ubiquity of pay phones, not cellulars.
  11. troyg

troyg Member

Wow, I owe you an apology, that is indeed a frame of reference.I've been witness to the downsides (that out weigh the upsides) of cell phones since the 80's.With any luck you'll see what I mean someday, you have no idea how fortunate you are to have a life free of them up to 2000.
  12. jhammondcpa

jhammondcpa Active Member

A few great reasons to have a cell phone is client contact 24-7, contact during business travel in the USA and Europe, GPS in my pocket, replaced the iPod for music and everywhere I go I have camera. The camera is always used to take pictures of the Spirit II, BTW Spirit I was and airplane! Check out the Spirit II album here http://www.motoredbikes.com/album.php?albumid=1865. Just for fun here is Spirit I. SOA.jpg
  13. troyg

troyg Member

singing with the choir

Everything you stated as a perk sounds like some commercial, and a downside to society as a whole.I consider the cell phone user a brainwashed entity (my opinion), helping along, applying, voluntarily, the greases that help governments screw the common man over.

Much like how all women (I mean ugly and rotund) believe they're special, and "fabulous" and worthy of all, cell phones were meant for people with positions who held others lives in their hands, now everybody thinks they're "heavy business".I've not heard one good use from anyone here, and when asked how many actually used them for "emergencies" some of the so-called "emergencies" are laughable.

Again sounds like addicts (to me) explaining why they "need" their drug.I'm only 1%, you users are the 99% and have plenty of reinforcement to your senseless desires (singing with the choir) I suppose keeping up with the Jonses is important to most.If you're on an organ transplant team, you need a cell phone, otherwise it's frivolity that creates problems for others.