Irish John's Bike Fleet

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by Irish John, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Irish John

Irish John Guest

Here are some pictures of my bikes. All 70cc 2-strokes but the Schwinn will be a Honda 50cc 4-stroke as soon as I can get the kit.
    The Giant Elwood is my most recent - finished it today and it has 700c wheels which make it very smooth and noticeably faster but I pedal harder on big hills. If it gets too much on the hills I'll put a 48 tooth sprocket on it but I don't think I'll need to. The carby floods when I open the throttle but I'm sure someone will help me fix that problem. The tandem has no motor because my passenger does the pedalling!

Attached Files:

2. davidsis

davidsis Guest

Nice collection
  3. fastboy9

fastboy9 Member

cor! I like the starfire one! that scenery is amazing, I'd love to go down under! must be fantastic having all them great bikes, and just enjoying the great outdoors with a bit of warmth. Up in England where I am the closest I've got to that is a dirt track behind my house, always raining and full of concrete. Slightly envious!
  4. Irish John

Irish John Guest

Finished Scwinn Cruiser 70cc Project

Schwinn2.jpg Here are some pics of my recently finished Scwinn Cruiser with custom painted tank etc.
    Schwinn1.jpg Schwinn2.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2008
  5. codi79

codi79 Member

Wow, quite a collection. I have one question. I am new to this site and Im wondering how, and where to get the stickers.

6. Irish John

Irish John Guest

Go to the main page and look for a posting by Tom about free stickers. Then follow his instructions carefully.
  7. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

Fantastic job there Irish,see attention to detail really pays-off and u must be well pleased.
    Now comes the 4-strokes.
  8. Irish John

Irish John Guest

The 4 stroke Schwinn

Here's my 4-stroke being built. There are lots of nasty problems that are so hard to foresee. The engines been in & out a good few times so far but the bike isn't ready for trials.

Attached Files:

9. Some great work there, nice and clean.
  10. Scottm

Scottm Guest

Nice bikes John. It's quite addicting. I never forget my 8 year old standing the garage. "Why do you need 3 of them daddy?". Thnks for showing off, you earned your bragging rights. I love the exhaust pipe on your 4 stroke.
  11. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

Good looking bike collection. I can't wait to see the 4-stroke when completed. When are you going to strap an engine on your tandem? :smile:
  12. Irish John

Irish John Guest

Engine on tandem

Thanks Kilroy & Scott for your kind remarks,
    I have 2 bikes without engines and the tandem is one of them. I can't see how a frame mounted motor would go on it cos the rear support arms get in way of a chain. A rack mount would work however but then it would be noisy and I couldn't ride it normally which i love doing. Mind you a rack mount can be easily removed can't it. You've got me thinking.
  13. Zev0

Zev0 Member

A rack mount with a 4 stroke and a belt drive would be the berries. Quiet, very quiet and smooth.
  14. mechanicojoe

mechanicojoe Member