Is a digital picture frame a lame gift?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Rain City, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Rain City

Rain City Member

I needed a good "mother in law" type gift for my GF's family, so I bought them a few digital picture frames.

I put some pictures of me and the GF on their frames as a custom touch.

The Sony one has proven to have way more real life features like auto-on and off, the off brand doesn't have this feature... (will most likely xchange for the sony one) A picture frame is a pretty permanant fixture, I wouldnt want them to have to mess with it all the time (turning on and off etc.)

Any thoughts about dig picture frames?

2. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

I think its a great pic. We gave one to our parents this year (they are technologically backwards) and they loved it.
  3. stude13

stude13 Active Member

its a very seattle option, not that there is anything wrong with that. nice gift.
  4. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

Sounds like a thoughtful gift.

who knows..... maybe you are a permanent fixture, too!! :D
  5. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

as we know -- it can be hard to find that special gift these days
    I think that you did -- very well

ride that THING
  6. Rain City

Rain City Member

Thanks for the re-assurance. It better go over well, they were 120$ a pop! We shall find out tomorrow...
  7. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

120 a pop ---- wow - you got the delux model

anyone would love that

ride that picture thing
  8. Rain City

Rain City Member

I agree quite pricy. The crappier models are not realistic though - they have no auto on and off (which is pivotal in my opinion) and they have gigantic frames and little pictures. The cheapest kodak one was like 169 : /

The thing is crazy though, it looks like a tiny tv and feels like you're holding a psp, very sexy.
  9. lordoflightaz

lordoflightaz Member

If you are going to do it go hi tech to the max. Last year I bought my brother one for christmas. has a wireless frame. You have to have wireless network and a connection to the internet. You can email pics to the frame, you can hook up to RSS feeds on the net, that way you can use anybody's RSS picture feed, so if the person you are getting it for doesn't have any real friends they can pretend. The tech support for the frame o line sucks, but before I gave it to my brother, who is very low tech, I looked to see how easy it was to use.You can see a demo at

I don't work for them
  10. hillofbeans

hillofbeans New Member

I'd sneak a couple racy and anonymous photos into the memory, just for a Kodak WTF moment.
    Good gift from a sentimental guy.
  11. n8ygn

n8ygn Member

I give up

What in the world does your quote mean, I can't sleep at night? HI HI