Is anyone being bothered or spammed in private messaging?

Discussion in 'Forum Help & Suggestions' started by gone_fishin, Sep 6, 2007.

1. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

if so, let us know.

2. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

a new member who hasn't even posted just pm'd me to ask about spark problems...how lame.

3. azbill

azbill Active Member

it has happened in the past (2x)
    ...but, not since software change

I just tell 'em the usual
    'if you can ask me (privately), you can ask them (publicly)!!!'

4. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

expected and dealt with, but this was the 1st for me where there was no public posts.

any members notice this sorta thing? if so, i'd like to know how prevelant it is.

5. Scottm

Scottm Guest

No one's been bothering me.

6. Tom

Tom Active Member

I get emails with people asking about problems. I just tell them to post on the forums.

7. dbigkahunna

dbigkahunna Guest

I keep forgetting about the PM and look up there and whoops I have a message. From two weeks ago.

8. buddha
    Junior Member Join Date: Sep 2007

Greeting

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,
    I'm new here and just wanted to say "hi"

How's it going?

"Buddhism has the characteristics of what would be expected in a cosmic religion for the future: it transcends a personal God, avoids dogmas and theology; it covers both the natural & spiritual, and it is based on a religious sense aspiring from the experience of all things as a meaningful unity" - Albert Einstein

---
    buddha
    http://two.xthost.info/buddha3

9. am i the only one that got this?

10. RATRODER

RATRODER Guest

No, I got the same

11. turbo/chaos

turbo/chaos Guest

i just got one from a guy named buddha talking
    telling me how buddahism is great

Z? as i scrach my head

12. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

thanks for the heads-up.

i happened to be sitting here as that was going on...caught the joker spamming private messaging...the account for "buddha" is permanently banned at MBc :-x

13. gauge

gauge Guest

i also got the same thing budda is talking about

14. Tom

Tom Active Member

Spam through the PM system... thats a new one...

15. turbo/chaos

turbo/chaos Guest

yeah but why this sight Z?

16. indicruis

indicruis Guest

Hi, I got spammed to, again the same buddha. This is the message that was sent:

***************Hello,I'm new here and just wanted to say "hi" :) How's it going? "Buddhism has the characteristics of what would be expected in a cosmic religion for the future: it transcends a personal God, avoids dogmas and theology; it covers both the natural & spiritual, and it is based on a religious sense aspiring from the experience of all things as a meaningful unity" - Albert Einstein ---buddha

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2007
  17. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

yup, that account has been banned. it had to be a human spammer because a bot can't do all that.

18. Papasaun

Papasaun Guest

not really spam but,,,, keep getting a popup from,,, ads.auctionads.com,, each and every time I open a new thread or change forums. Whats up with this???

19. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

don't know...i've not had that problem, nor would i expect to hear of it...problem is that tom's just left on a short vacation. i'm sure he'll want to know and will take care of it.