is everyone on this forum an old timer????

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by skatingsamurai, Nov 11, 2007.

how old are you?

This poll will close on Jul 2, 2032 at 11:50 PM.
  1. under 19

2. 20-29

3. 30-39

4. 40-49

5. 50-59

6. human dust

1. almost everyone that has ever mentioned their age seems to be OVER 30 years 22! jeez i feel young...

2. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

Cause you are. Still wet behind the ears. Young whippersnapper. :grin: Just kidding. Like hanging with younger people too. Keeps me from feeling so old.

3. Geezers?

Mein Gott! Vas haben sie hier? Sie Mittel, zu erklären mir, daß alles diese Fahrradleute fahren, sind alt? Helfen niemand uns, den Fluch des alten Alters zu bilden?

Old is over 30? a couple of years ago the average age of Motor Bicycle owner/builders was 55 and weighing about 220. Since when is 30 old?

Mike PS babelfish can be your friend.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2015
  4. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

hey, hey, hey...non of that. Augie will getcha. :grin: German right?

Mein Gott! Vas haben sie hier? Sie Mittel, zu erklären mir, daß alles diese Fahrradleute fahren, sind alt? Helfen niemand uns, den Fluch des alten Alters zu bilden?
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2015
  5. Sianelle

Sianelle Guest

The thing is when you're middle aged the kids have left home and you've finally got the time, skills and money to build all this stuff. :grin:
  6. minibiker

minibiker Guest

your all old im only 17 but i dont think any of us will ever grow up were just kids onna inside
  7. senseibruce

senseibruce Guest

I notice I can't do 3-5 short "rides" in a day like I did when I was younger. But I'm good to go with one long "ride" I remember Roger Moore's (James Bond) response to young men that do multiple rides. He said, "Didn't they do it right the first time?"
  8. A little ride with old guys

Sensei, you would have had a blast at the Whiz-in, we rode about 65miles and for the young here, some of our rider/owner/builders were over 70yo!

Many of the guys were 50-65, and we all had a blast! There were 2 guys under 30 that I noticed.

Ahhh Kingsburg, but now, must wait till next year, unless someone gets a ride together.

9. spunout

spunout Member

ok, skatingsamurai...thanks for making me wonder where the last 20 years have gone:shock::shock:
  10. dbigkahunna

dbigkahunna Guest

Age is a way of marking time. Some die old at 25 others are never old at 100. As long as there is crisco oil plastic wrap, hairbrush and a rubber chicken, I will be young!
  11. 5-7HEAVEN

5-7HEAVEN Guest

:cool:Well, i"m dust.

Next year, I qualify for SOCIAL SECURITY! Yippee, free $$ for the rest of my short life.(Dad died at 58, brothers all died at 48 and 59yo.):shock:

But they were not like meee! Aside from high cholesterol, I'm in better shape than younger old forts.

VERIZON forced me out at 55 after 32 years' employment. They showed me this humungous bag of money and said "You can leave now with this in hand, or you can take a gamble and work longer."

The kids are gone, so now I work for the State. I build my first motorized bike to commute, and find this great forum.

Then i decide to go to night school for my bachelor's degree. I failed 4 times before, so this time's a charm.:rolleyes:

Now my jealous boss is pishing me off. He envies my life, especially since my beautiful wife(his smoking partner) works across the hall. I'll get back at him by quitting and go back to school fulltime. Yeah, I'll give him 2 weeks' notice, then call in sick for 8 days.

After I earn my master's degree, I'll join the state and pish him off again.

BTW, I'm majoring in SOCIOLOGY and PSYCHOLOGY.:rolleyes:

I intend to work for the rest of my life, and it's NEVER about the money.

Darn! I NEVER grew up!:rolleyes:

12. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

I had a birthday last week. I've been having so much fun that it didn't occur to me 'til Friday to do the math to figure out how old I am.
  13. senseibruce

senseibruce Guest

Hey Mike,

Sign me up. 'Cause this gives me a year to get my Whizzer up to snuff. (Ol' guy expression)
  14. connoisseur

connoisseur Guest

Not i. Wait whats old to you?lol
  15. kenspice

kenspice Guest

Not Fair! You don't have a catagory for OLD people. I'm only 71. Had my 1st Whizzer in
    '49. I'd say more but my arthritic index finger can't take it. I'm riding a GEBE R/S 35.
  16. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

Well lets see, with seven surgeries in the past 2 years and all associated to old age but I'm only fifty, Ya! Age marks the person and the only thing the person marks is the age.
  17. Bicycles macht me froh
  18. ;@) I'm 27 years to old. But live my life as a teen....
    Non stop working out a the gym. at the clubs with the girls and a lot more then a young man like me would do.
  19. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

I vaguely remember my 20s...and that was 7 years ago.
  20. kenspice

kenspice Guest

I had something very impotent to say but forgot what it was......