Is it me, or are HT engines getting harder to find...

Gh0stRider

Local time
12:31 PM
And more expensive too!

Looking at eBay the other day, and the number of people selling HT engines has dropped drmatically, and the prices are on the rise. An engine that was selling for $114 shipped just a few months ago is now going for $145 - and that is one of the cheaper ones!

Maybe its just seasonal "supply and demand" but I think that Happy Times are not here to stay and people are selling off remaining stock on hand.

I've noticed the same thing. Although my favorite seller is still selling items on Ebay, he doesn't have the complete engines. He was a great seller...I hate that.:cry:

Yes this is what i was saying months ago.
noone believed it was gonna happen.

The new EPA regs are stoping the import of the HT engines.

Even Zoom in Canada has limited what thelyy send to the US.

Precisly why this is a good time for a USA made bicycle engine.

If it isn't imported it wont have the $500,000 import bond required.

But it will still need to meet EPA REQS.

Thats where the Fisher Engine Technology Comes into play.

High Efficcency 2 stroke.
USA Made.

Yes !!!!!

And more expensive too!

Looking at eBay the other day, and the number of people selling HT engines has dropped drmatically, and the prices are on the rise. An engine that was selling for $114 shipped just a few months ago is now going for $145 - and that is one of the cheaper ones!

Maybe its just seasonal "supply and demand" but I think that Happy Times are not here to stay and people are selling off remaining stock on hand.

thats why I bought a few extra's when they were cheap... people were saying it was just a hoax.

I looked at it this way... either I get a few while I can before they are gone, or... I get a few while they are cheap and wont have to buy any for a while.

The HT engine is, relatively a simple piece of machinery, that in my mind can be easily fabricated by someone here in the USA....

The aftermarket is well in place to support such a venture, and the demand is in place as well!

The HT engine is, relatively a simple piece of machinery, that in my mind can be easily fabricated by someone here in the USA....

The aftermarket is well in place to support such a venture, and the demand is in place as well!

not necessarily true... if they cant make it epa compliant, they are in the same spot as the Chinese manufacturers. You also have to convince somebody to make them... unfortunately our small demo might not be enough to justify the capital investment.

Well i am working on a new efficent 2 stroke for the bicycles that will pass epa with flying colors.

I'll keep you guys posted.

not necessarily true... if they cant make it epa compliant, they are in the same spot as the Chinese manufacturers. You also have to convince somebody to make them... unfortunately our small demo might not be enough to justify the capital investment.

Valid point about the demographics plus I believe the Chinese are simply phasing out production because their domestic demand has plummeted in favor or electrics.

It will be extremely difficult to compete with quality products, like say the Robin engines, when going up against a giant like Fugi Heavy Industries.

Truth Is,The E.P.A. wants 2 strokes banned and If you cannot make them E.P.A. compliant.Then,It's a waste of time to own one unless you got stockpile of parts to make them.And Even If they were produced In America and passed E.P.A. Inspection by some miraculous means.You would have People wanting 500 to 1000 bucks for the engine.I decided to do a 4 stroke for these reasone.Soon as the 2 strokes are unavailable people like ezmotorbike,staton,and pirate cycles.Will jack up their prices from 500 on up to 1000 bucks.It's all a money racket to suck up your last dollar.Fact Is,This hobby will not appeal to people like myself and many others for reason being you can buy a moped or motorcycle In good shape from 500 to 1000 bucks.2 strokes are on the way of the dinosaur,so are 4 strokes to follow.Then It'll be only thing you can get Is electric engines which have numerous problems and batteries when gone bad are dumped Into landfills creating pollution.I hate to say this.But,Motorbicycling as we know It Is on the way of the dinosaur and people posting their bikes,comments,and checking with the law Is part of the reason this Is happening.Police,E.P.A.,and the government do read e bay,this site,And all the vendors sites.I used to be able to ride In peace.Now,Thanks to everyone broadcasting their opinions and Internet sales of these engines.I got to the point to where I cannot ride anymore without some cop asking me 1000 questions about my bike.2 much publicity=too much regulation.End of story.

Last edited:
Back