is it possible to exchange rear hub/wheel assymblys

nate98

Local time
10:36 AM
hello, i know this is a little off topic, but i currently need to make myself a working bike or go buy a new one, i currently have a 700cc 'fixie thruster' but the left crank and pedal have snapped the retaining bolt clean off, while i also have a 28" schwinn avenue hybrid, that i was t-boned by a car on, thus bending my rims to useless junk, while the rest of the bike is overly solid with lock-tight and form-a-gasket

now my question is, is it possible to exchange my axel, and freewheel from my 2 rear wheels (the 700cc has a single fixed gear on one side while a freewheel on the other, while my 28" has a 7 sprocket freewheel assembly)

my hubs are the same width, have the same thread count and size on the axels, but diffrent length, and my spacing from outside of hub to frame are like 1/16-1/32 off

any and all advise is much appreciated, i do not have a motor mounted currently tho btw, and trying to go the cheapest route possible, just need it to last me another month or two, altho i really like my schwinn lol once my truck is on the road it'll probly be getting a motor aswell

plz and thx, -nate

Back