Is it spring yet?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RdKryton, Mar 1, 2009.

1. RdKryton

RdKryton Active Member

Carp. We are supposed to get 8-14" of snow tonight! I don't think we will get that much but I could be wrong.
    I am sooooo tired of cold weather. I want to ride.

Jim

2. Zev0

Zev0 Member

Well, you know what they say about March. In like a lion and out like a lamb or in like a lamb and out like a lion.

3. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

Being a bit west of you, this Nor'easter is only supposed to drop 5 to 8 inches of the white stuff on me. But we'll see, as the wx forecasters haven't had a good track record in this region all winter...

4. kerf

kerf Guest

Ok, it snowed this morning in Birmingham, couple of inches. Temp was above freezing, roads stayed clear, snow was wet. Good for snowballs and snow people. By 6 PM, all gone, fine way to snow.

5. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

I just got a call from the public schools here, and they are closed tomorrow because of weather that hasn't even happened yet! (wimps)

I've got the snow blower gassed up and ready to rock n' roll. It'll be the first time I use it this winter, and hopefully the last. It's been a pretty cold winter, but luckily we've had nothing more than a few inches of snow here and there.

6. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

Almost 70 degrees today, wow it felt like spring! I pulled out the Whizzer, made some adjustments to get rid of some belt sqealing, and had a nice ride. Maybe again tomorrow...

7. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

Kilroy, that was just cruel.

Snow? What is the "snow" you guys speak of? Is that the pretty white stuff on the mountaintops out west? We got about one flake per square foot that melted 3 feet above the ground once this winter.

8. 77 degrees F here yesterday in Virginia I didnt get to enjoy any I went to work early & worked 11 hours missed the best part of the day.

as for snow there was still quite a bit in the shadows of the mountains in the curves on the way to work yesterday morning & probably still a little left we got close to 12 inches Sunday & the schools around here closed for 4 days & 2 hour delay Friday. because on the big mountain there was still snow.

the school busses have all the small mountain areas & several big mountains but one of the mountains change counties at the top so the buss turns around at the top. the other has to go quite a bit.

to anyone interested look up Lovers Leap or Meadows Of Dan Virginia or even Vesta the other big mountain is Floyd VA & the Blue Ridge Parkway actually goes between them & is an 18 mile ride between the 2 mountains.

Later,
    Randy

9. Pablo

Pablo Motored Bikes Sponsor

Snow and ice here. Carp is right. I need to trudge out to the very cold shop.

10. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

It's been in the 70's here for 3 days now..... furnace is off..... windows open!!!
    Chance of thunderstorms (everyday in Ks.)

Yup....
    must be spring!!!

11. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

It was 65 degrees today. I decided to buzz around town on the Whizzer, and put 13 miles on it today. Sheer bliss! Ol' Thumper (it's new name since it's now a torque monster with the Quenton-modified head) performed beautifully.

12. Pablo

Pablo Motored Bikes Sponsor

13. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

Well, that forecast stinks! However, it was just a week ago that we had the nor'easter come up the coast and dump a bunch of snow on our region. It felt good to be able to enjoy some spring-like weather here.

14. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

I spoke too soon. :dunce:

It was 72 degrees here at 10:00 am today. By noon it was 60.
    Now, (10:00pm) it's 32.... heading toward 24 for the low, overnight.
    Windchills in the teens for the next few days!!
    Gawd... I love/hate Kansas!!

15. Simonator

Simonator Guest

just 9 more days to go before the equinox.