is mine the ugliest bike?

Spunout's Ugly 'Creep'-misfire problems

i see alot of killer-cool 8) rides you guys have, so i thought i better share the result of little knowledge :? of bikes, paired with no time to make 'em pretty.
the motored monstrosity before you is "Creep" :devilish: this poll only runs for a week
1152_DSCN5467_2.jpg

1152_DSCN5471_2.jpg

Last edited:
the poll has closed, but if it hadn't, i would've changed my own vote to 'Definately no' after seeing those last three :yuck:

on a different note, once i tapered the slide needle i can no longer go WOT without a long-ish warm-up first. i used to go b*#ls to :devilish: the wall immediately after start. it bogs a little at low rpms, but mid-throttle acceleration and cruising speed are much improved over the previous misfire nightmare. 8)

thanx, everyone. i feel a little better now :LOL: . i took my baffle out :devilish: of the can, and gained a little hp. these machines are 100% completely legal in AZ, so i dont worry too much. seen lots of oinks pass right by me and not even look more than once. slowing down, it goes 'ring-ding-ding' and then give throttle a quick blast, it goes 'Bwaap!' :devilish:

I ran a search and tried stuff, but here's the deal...last week or so creep's been misfiring at cruising speed. just like before i tapered the slide needle (which cured it for 6 months).

under load, it pulls like an old Oliver. but as soon as i back off throttle it starts the misfire. New plug with correct gap, checked the wiring...good. even put a new, unmolested slide needle in, and it acts exactly the same.
hmmph.

could carbon build-up on piston be the culprit?
something else?

changed carbs. nothing helps. exhaust is black...so either running too rich because all fuels not getting burned up, or...

Last edited:
check your plug
what does the tip look like ?
there is a post here some where that shows what different looking tips tell you IE:...to rich, too lean etc
good luck, mi amigo!

Some are prettier than others... myself, I prefer a bike that others won't consider stealing; yeah, yours is a rat alright, I like it fine!

Ugly

Hows this for UGLY.. Now this could be a contest!! Show your UG..................

IMG_0669.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Back