Is the new engine I just bought dead?

The chrome is thin. good point. I've taken hairline scratches out in a few used bikes I bought for resale , and the bikes still run fine. I'm also a machinist , so I know when to stop sanding.

Better to lube with some 2 stroke oil IMO

Right. WD40 is useful in places, but it drys out and has no high pressure strength (could tear chrome) and the worst problem would be not ring sealing on startup making for hard start or fuel draw. 2 stroke oil is the best. Lubriplate perhaps for engines that are going to be stored or shipped before starting, but even then you risk plug fouling on start up.

Steve

Nahom listen to Steve. He has more 2 stroke knowledge than the rest of us on this page combined. Don't sand the cylinder. And don't use only 4 ozs. per gallon on breakin. 4 ozs. per gallon is 32 to 1. Joshbus stated it incorrectly at being 16 to 1, he must be using a different math. Use 6 ozs. per gallon for first gallon. then 4.5 ozs. per gallon after the first is gone. WD40 is a penetrating oil used mostly when something is stuck or rusted to aid freeing it.

In english that's 250mL per 4 Litre. 5L plastic petrol cans are cheap and easy to mix with.

In english that's 250mL per 4 Litre. 5L plastic petrol cans are cheap and easy to mix with.
i wouldn't use 16:1 even for break in unless you are using some kind of recycled/rubbish oil , or unless you are going to strip the engine and clean it after break in 16:1 is too much IMO

i wouldn't use 16:1 even for break in unless you are using some kind of recycled/rubbish oil , or unless you are going to strip the engine and clean it after break in 16:1 is too much IMO
It's crazy huh. I see a lot of guys doing this on their first builds. 8 ozs. of el cheapo wally world oil in the 1st. gallon. They come in wondering why it runs like s#!t, and has oil drooling from the pipe.

What would you use then 20 to 1?

Here is a sure fire way not to mess up! The mix mizer available all over the world any good hardware store should have it!I just picked this one up from princess auto. Here in Canada that's our equivalent to Harbor freight the increments on right are for 1/2 l and the left 1 l the other side shows 1qt and 1 pt and only 6 bucks good deal imo.

Attachments

• 2016-11-27 17.02.12.jpg
    2016-11-27 17.02.12.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 101
  • 2016-11-27 17.03.18.jpg
    2016-11-27 17.03.18.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 74
Back