Is there a 50cc diesel engine out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And come to think of it,why stop with a just a turbo,I see an
AFTERBURNER in the picture,a tad on the loud side maybe,but what the ****, with just 50cc you need all the help you can get !!. Hard to beat if you need that extra oomph far passing,beside you'll get some serious respect from the roadhogs.Beats a wimpy horn any time !!.

Less expensive,but not cheap,below $2.50 would be cheap.Shipping it from Sweden would double the cost anyway.

In sweden we pay $2-2,5 per litre. That makes about $9 a gallon, and YOUR complaining about the high price :)
Gas in the states is CHEAP!
Theres a reason why we ni Europe drive around in small asian cars and you drive aorund in big SUV
Your auto-industri is dead, peak-oil is reached and we are all doomed...sorry, just needed to say it :)

The US car industry is not doomed,they'll make what people are willing to buy and just need to adjust,the monster trucks & SUV's,(Silly Unsafe Vehicles) are pretty much doomed,good riddance.Who needs these grossly overpowered behemoths anyway,when the speed limit is 70 mph (113 km/hr).The modern low emission diesel cars will start to take over as in Europe as the most cost effective vehicle. A plug-in hybrid diesel also makes sense.

Look at chevrolet, they have almost killed their brand by buying Daewoo. Although I could imagine that the sales of the Daewoo-cars is the only thing that is making them a profit :)
And hummer is planing to go out of business, this is great news!
But poor US-auto workers. The industry are 10-years behind, the only way to survive is to buy the technology.
Anyhow, this is going OT.

Honestly, if that ~250cc Hatz diesel wasn't $1800, I'd seriously consider getting it.

Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
GM is not doing badly in the Far East and abroad in general,the US manufacturers were caught flatfooted by the rapid runup in crude oil price.It is not so much technology as logistics, getting new models into production quickly at acceptable cost, while maintaining quality standards is tough to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back