Is this a fair call

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Fabian, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

The Urine test

(This was written by a rig worker in the North Sea - What he says makes a lot of sense!)

I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to earn that pay cheque, I work on a rig for a drilling contractor.
    I am required to pass a random urine test for drugs and alcohol, with which I have no problem.

What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test.
    Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a benefits cheque because I have to pass one to earn it for them?

Please understand that I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet.
    I do on the other hand have a problem with helping someone sit on their arse drinking beer and smoking dope.

Could you imagine how much money the government would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a benefit cheque?

Hope you will pass it along though, because something has to change in the UK , and Australia soon!

2. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

Seems reasonable to me - and I live on a disability benefit check each month. But then, I am of the opinion that police officers should be tested at least monthly - on a random day of the month each time. Before they can administer a breathalyzer test, they should be required to take one as well - with the very same machine.

Prosecutors should be required to take a test before every trial, judges as well. All elected officials should be subject to testing any time ten registered voters request it in writing.
  3. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member

why do that?their not gonna get hurt sitting on the couch spending your money.

just kidding!i agree with you guys.but the government isnt about common sence.
    their about taking your money and your rights.
  4. sparky

sparky Active Member

You are part of the government, eastwoodo. You don't make any sense.

OTOH, I think Fabian and SimpleSimon have introduced some extremely sensible suggestions for We the People's government.
  5. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member

im part of the government?no im part of the taxed citizens.ive never had a government job or voted on making government bigger.but whats done is done and their not gonna step in and use ss suggestions.
  6. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member

so,did you come back cause arecee got banned and now your not in fear?someone bring arceeguy back so sparky can go back to the fetile position.
  7. sparky

sparky Active Member

I came back weeks ago, but the site was down. What did happen to RC anyway?? Machiasmort was telling me that he and vtec both got banned...

But yes... you are the governor if you want to be. Say you're not, and you're not. Say you are, and you're are. It's as simple as that.
  8. fasteddy

fasteddy Member

Funny you guy mention this since my brother said the same thing a week ago.
    Perfect idea and then send them in for rehab as many times as it takes.

Caught selling drugs? As my late Father said, you are entitled to a fair trial and a speedy hanging.

9. fasteddy

fasteddy Member

Sparky, vetec was banned for a few weeks and is back and RC was permenent.

10. SimpleSimon

You know this how?

I, for one, am not included in admin/mod discussions regarding such. It appeared to me that vtec was banned for about a week - deservedly so, IMO.

As for arceeguy, I've no clue how long a ban he may have received - nor, I suspect, do you know. He may simply have chosen not to return after getting his "time out" from the administration here - it is not an uncommon reaction to in effect say "I'm gonna take my ball and go play with somebody else!" when childish behavior is criticized.

His ban was appropriate and deserved, IMO.
  11. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

If arceeguy could have used his acid tongue for good humor instead of evil, things would have been great.

I must say though, that he was a good combatant in the combustion chamber, putting forward his wayward views with acidic repulsion - he did say that "someone" has got to stand up and be the "Simon Cowell" of Motored Bikes, and he was happy and willing to take on that role.

My opion is similar to Simple Simons comments, "except", that i would allow arceeguy back on the forum, but only as an allowed participant in the combustion chamber.
    That way, he can still contribute using his knowledge base, if others so choose to seek his advise or opinion, but without the threat of any foolish outbursts polluting the rest of the site.

12. SimpleSimon

There is an old saying that fits here:

"Burn me once, chame on you. Burn me twice, shame on me.
  13. SimpleSimon

that should be shame, not "chame". Typos and fat fingers.
  14. fasteddy

fasteddy Member

Simon, some of us have divine knowledge and some unfortunatly don't. In this case I don't but Arcee had my e-mail address and a very few days ago he told me that he was under a permanet ban from administation. He didn't say why so I can't add to the confusion.

Since friend vtec disappeared for a given amout of time and it said banned under his name and now he is back in full swing I am working on the admittedly slim theory, that it was for a limited time.

At this time the owner of the sight has wisely chosen not to include me in thier plans.

15. fasteddy

fasteddy Member

Fabian, I used to wonder how Arcee got away with some of the things he said but my thoughts are that, for all the things people have said about me over the years, not mention the things I've been called, I only worry about it if there is a chance they are holding the proof of thier statement in thier hand.

16. sparky

sparky Active Member

OK... so how evil could it have been, really? Nobody dare repeat the words that left the acid tongue... so musta been pretty serious.

That is extremely fitting. :helmet:
  17. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

OT. I think it might be a good idea if we hgad a UA on the people at Goldman Sachs before we gave them millions.