is this a good frame/bike?

Discussion in 'Frame Mounted Engines' started by bigluelok, May 15, 2009.

1. bigluelok

bigluelok New Member

is this a good frame/bike to begin with?
    [​IMG] im still trying to decide to eather do a frame mounted or a rack mounted setup. i havent got a motor yet but im trying to weight out the possibilities.

2. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

Looks good to me. Without measurments, I can't say for sure, but it seems like either should work.
  3. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

That looks just fine. Either engine/drive train ought to work.

And that's a tough bike.

(all the same, be gentle with it)
  4. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

Good choice. That Spec Hard Rock is sturdy chromoly and installation should be very straight-forward.
  5. bigluelok

bigluelok New Member

i think to begin ill go with a rack mounted. just so i can get used to having the motor driving the bike. then ill swap all the stuff to a diffrent bike and get frame mount.
  6. fm2200

fm2200 Member

The rack is less vibration, the engines are of a better quality. The frame mount which I have is prone to excessive vibration, the engines are not balanced and some are worst than others. My next bike will be the rack mounted belt drive like the long distance biker Bamabikeguy uses exclusively for his extra long trips. He says he get 250 mpg with his little 2 stroke Tanaka.
  7. bigluelok

bigluelok New Member

yeah i read his latest thread about his travels.
    i want to do the rack mount for now but with a roller not a belt till i get a nicer bike.
  8. bamabikeguy

bamabikeguy Active Member

Just to keep it clear, the old/no longer available 25cc. Red Max Zenoahs (I still have 2) could get 240-250 per gallon, the Tanaka 33 is in the 170-180 mpg range.
  9. MotorBicycleRacing

MotorBicycleRacing Well-Known Member

Older style mountain bikes with a small front downtube are
    the easiest installs for an in frame mount.

Rack mount would be fine too.
  10. its not a bad bike but not anything special either,maybe a good bike to start with.
    my 2-stroke inframe 48cc dualstart starfire gt-2 grubee gets 200mpg
  11. cpuaid

cpuaid Member

looks like a good bike for frame mount. similar to my chromoly diamondback. my only suggestion is to convert the quick release for solid axles with bolt on's. engine vibration combined with a light frame and high speed makes a dangerous combination for a quick release axles!
  12. chrisme

chrisme New Member

Looks good to me, pretty much exactly the same as my bike. You gonna need to pull the screws for the water bottle holder... the engine mounts will probably fall exactly on the screws. That's assuming you do a mid engine. Mid engines look cooler :cool:

Good luck, and have fun!
  13. bigluelok

bigluelok New Member

i was thinking a kit like this one. any thought's?
  14. cpuaid

cpuaid Member

looks like a standard chinese kit. at least the gear removal tool is included with this one.
  15. bigluelok

bigluelok New Member

which would you recomend i am looking to spend $200 the lower the better
  16. Junster

Junster Member

Take a look at Zoombicycle Many here have the slanthead 80 (68.5) and are having good luck with them. I paid $145 with free shipping. As always goto a hardware or order a upgrade kit for the bolts and mounting studs. Replace the sprocket bolts too.
  17. bigluelok

bigluelok New Member

they dont ship to CA:banghead:
  18. Junster

Junster Member

OMG really? It's that CARB emissions thing. You know anyone in Nevada?
  19. bigluelok

bigluelok New Member

i wish i did ill ask a few friends to see if they have family out of state. hopefully some one does in nevada that way i can make a trip to vegas. and chill for the day and return the next day