Is this a slant?

aaronwilde

Local time
3:42 PM
2011-09-16 14.24.07.jpg

Wondering if this is a slant head.. I can't seem to find any pictures.

I know I read somewhere that the plug would be on a 45 degree angle.

Also I'm reading that depending on if mine has/is "squish" It is better?

What the heck lol.

Everytime I come to these forums I learn more new things and tricks but half of the info in here is hidden and makes no sense to the average person.

I'm also wondering if buying an expansion chamber exhaust and a better carb (that red one from zoombicycles) would make a difference?

its a slant, dont worry about squish bands cus unless youre tuning to race and really know what youre doing, as well as have the tools and skills to do it, it is actually more detrimental than good.

its a band of air fuel thats held in such a narrow gap it cant heat up fast enough to detonate. too narrow, and the piston hits the head. the air fuel wont light or burn. fuel that doesnt burn doesnt help you go any faster.

conversely, if the gaps too wide, it doesnt do a bleeding thing at all so you might as well not have one :)

get it right and you might, maybe if lucky, gain 5% power.

the slant heads ive dealt with are lousy, not worth using as a paperweight even.

stick to a standard centre plug. unless you can find something with some meat in it under the plug. cus thats where they warp and leak. lousy design.

get the pipe for starters.

just the pipe.

:)

Back