Is this adaptable for us??

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by grinningremlin, Feb 10, 2013.

1. grinningremlin

grinningremlin Active Member

Is this something we could use?
    I'm not good with gearing stuff (basic gearing is enough).This would be so cool to use with a GEBE if it worked.Make our little EH035's and GX35's have a low end for wall climbing, or top end.Fingers crossed.

2. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

I have always wanted to try and come up with a usable method of creating a 2 speed jackshaft mechanism for the SickBikeParts shift kit.
    The method employed in 2 speed RC car gearboxes is so simple and reliable and allows for adjustable shift rpm.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2015
  3. grinningremlin

grinningremlin Active Member

We are working with 1/4 scale size engines, a stripped EH035 (no clutch/fan/starter/shroud) is sold by Fuji for 1/4 scale planes.Maybe a gearbox for 1/4 scale buggies?I fly RC gliders (Weasel/Alula/LeFish) with a high-start, I gave up powered flight, there's just no way to fly like a bird with that extra weight.Started on cars in the heyday of "Jomac/Jerobee", met a guy at a drag race (Billy Valentine) who used "the invisible spur gear" to this day I don't know how it works, I'm guessing by throwing it out under power (though it didn't appear to have one).
    Reading your heavy hauling story certainly makes me jealous, but I don't like frame mounts and don't think it's possible on my bike anyway (Sun EZ Sport).The search continues.