Is this engine salvageable?

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by bakaneko, Jan 28, 2016.

1. bakaneko

bakaneko Active Member

Hello. So, I recently had the chain tensioner come loose and it broke a spoke on the wheel. The wheel is pretty much a goner, but I also discovered that I cannot turn the engine with the clutch pulled in or out. No matter how much force I put on the pedals or push it, the engine sprocket will not turn. Prior to the tensioner incident, I did notice that my clutch was becoming more and more lose and I had to tighten it more and more. Any thoughts? I have about ~1000 miles on the engine so I am satisfied if it has lived out its zippy little life... :eek:

2. crassius

crassius Well-Known Member

did you check to see if drive sprocket was stuck?

5000miles would be better

bakaneko likes this.
  3. bakaneko

bakaneko Active Member

Yeh, after I posted that, I realized that I really didnt do enough investigation. I only took off the piston head. I will tear it apart tomorrow, but I figured maybe some folks have encountered this and have insights for me before I go deeper into the rabbits hole. :eek:

4. bakaneko

bakaneko Active Member

Yeh, the chain was stuck in the drive sprocket. Thanks for the help crassius. It is fixed now! But, I am riding on a rear wheel with one spoke missing and that is slightly lumpy (I bought the foam never-flat tire). o_O