Is this guy crazy or what?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by tom-fishing, Mar 4, 2013.

1. tom-fishing

tom-fishing Member

Just finished reading this on Facebook, thought it was a joke at first. Turns out it isn't just mb's that Washington lawmakers have their sights on.

Cascade Bicycle Club, BikePortland.org, and Seattlebikeblog.com.

The Advocates for Self Government

This is not from the Onion. Washington State Representative Ed Orcutt (R) is supporting a tax because a person pollutes the air while breathing as they ride a bike.

Wash. rep. drawing ire from NW bike community
    www.kgw.com
    A Washington State Rep. who serves as a ranking republican on the State Transportation Committee may be an unlikely proponent of a tax that would require everyone who buys a bike for more than $500 to pay a $25 fee

Options

2. grinningremlin

grinningremlin Active Member

Shows how stupid americans are getting, he WAS voted in.Many lawmakers now don't have a simple grasp of jr high science.Reminds me of the lawmaker that said you can't build too much on one side of an island, because it would cause the island to tip up on one end, if that ain't stupid I don't know what is.
    Joe-blow has to p.i.s.s. in a cup to clean toilets, but lawmakers aren't required to prove they have the intelligence level required to do their job, let alone p.e.e. clean.God bless America.

3. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

It's all about a money grab and manufacturing methods to make the sheeple willingly pay and pay some more and feel good about it.

* Save the air * with a new tax
    * save the water * with a new tax
    * Save the Whales * with a new tax
    * save the spotted gnat * with a new tax
    * save mother Earth* with a new tax

anything and everything except * saving the hard working tax payer from financial oblivion *; living a 3rd world existence in their first world country !!!

4. Dankoozy

Dankoozy Member

Seen the article on Slashdot. The same gobsh1tes are probably keeping the corn-based ethanol fuel subsidy gravy train going regardless of how much diesel is wasted in the process.

5. tom-fishing

tom-fishing Member

The thing that scares me is people elected this buffoon. A breathing tax? What happens if you don't pay? do they serve you with a court order to cease & desist? What's next? Perhaps a tax on sex because you pant and breathe harder. Been around this world for 60 yrs and have seen and heard some dumb things, but this one takes the cake!:wacko2:

6. grinningremlin

grinningremlin Active Member

I think it was 6th grade we learned the atmosphere and the flora/fauna were a closed/balanced system, easy science.Oh well, I've tried to explain to elders that if you're 40 and over there is a "new normal" afoot and will not be going the way of sensible until some big collapse.Everything is "big talk" now, no substance necessary. The first ten minutes of the movie Idiocracy explains it better than anything.
    We have cities instead of the domes, a' la THX1138/Logans Run, I'd gladly live outside the dome, and am happy I don't live near a city.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
    Dankoozy likes this.