Is this the engine I need?

SeanPatrick

Local time
12:33 AM
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I'd recommend buying a motor that has the cylinder you need already on it - there may be other mix/match problems if bought separately.

I cannot find an engnie with the jug I need. I have searched here, the facebook groups, ebay. Nothing. Best I can do is get a full kit for $200

Just a tip.

A $100 e-bay painted engine is like a $100 Wally World bike.
Garbage with all the flaws covered with paint.

Paint don't fix anything other than making your wallet lighter.

I suspect these are garbage engines rejected from a no name factory and painted to cover the case/bearing/who knows what obvious problems.

I mean come on...
Do you REALLY think you are going to get anything good for $100?

Ya, sure just dandy until the paint gives and you have crankcase leaks and the list goes on.
Good aint' cheap, period.

If cheap works for you and you don't have to depend on the thing and like to tinker great!
If not, well, there ya have it.

I sell great, new, motors for $100 exchange or $120 without exchange all the time - as a repair shop, I probably sell more motors than kits. I've been thinking I maybe ought to lower that price, as kit prices have fallen this year.

Reason I'm buying a motor at all is because it was cheaper than fixing the rear motor mounts on my current motor. They sheared off flush, and after going to a machinist and a muffler shop I decided it was much cheaper to buy an entire motor.

yep, that's why I sell motors - if the customer can't fix it himself, my labor charge even at just $20/hour makes a whole new motor cheaper than repairs plus parts many times

KCvale, What does it matter when I'm ripping it all apart and replacing every bearing nut bolt gasket and seal?
Nothing wrong provided the case, cylinder, head, crank and piston are quality I suppose.

I just can't see paying $100 for just an engine you feel you have to break open, take apart, buy and install new 'quality' parts, and reassemble hoping it don't leak when you can just buy one for like $120 you don't have to dink with at all.

I was talking about entire kits for $100, something if not most everything has to be 'short cut' parts.
Fine for the hobbyist with just one or 2 builds and time.

A total profit killer if you fix them for free and don't care for repeat business or referrals.

When it really matters, the better parts are worth the extra money, but like Harbor Freight tools, sometimes you can score a bargain if you get the use you need out of it before it fails is my opinion.

Back