Is this the hi-flow muffler insert?

MoonKS

Local time
1:02 PM
Hi all. I know Quenton offers a hi-flow muffler insert - and I know some Whizzers came with them. Mine is an 07 NE5 - I pulled out the extremely sooty muffler insert to check it out - I have some pics below. Is this the one I want or is there a better one out there?

Thanks,

Matthew

Attachments

• Whizzer 015 (Medium).jpg
    Whizzer 015 (Medium).jpg
    87 KB · Views: 456
  • Whizzer 016 (Medium).jpg
    Whizzer 016 (Medium).jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 435
  • Whizzer 017 (Medium).jpg
    Whizzer 017 (Medium).jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 419
Hi Bill - thanks for the advice! I will do just that - you happen to know what size jet I need? Do you carry them?

Hi Matthew
Is the center opening of the insert about 1 inch in diameter? If it is then you do have the hi-flow insert. It looks just like the 2 I got from Quenton.

Yes you are running rich. Do you have a stock 22mm carb? If you do the jet should be a #86 from the factory. It looks like you have a #95 in there with all that carbon. That is just a guess but you are running way too rich.

Jim

Matthew im thinking you have A NE5 2007 with A 22mm stock carb If so most of they came with A 88 main jet I would drop it to a 84 .It will clean up and run much better If you call dave at whizzer he could drop a jet pack in the mail . I am out at this time . or maybe Quenton. hope this helps.......Bill Green

Hi guys - it is a 2007 NE5 - stock 22 mm carb - I am in Wichita, KS - 1334 ft. above sea level - all flat here.

I thought it was running rich due to the black carbon on my brand new NGK Iridium plug (and on the stock one I took out) - so I made sure and followed Quenton's advice - he said starting with the air mixture adjustment screw screwed all the way in clockwise (which would make it VERY rich) - the normal adjustment is 1 to 1.5 turns counterclockwise - which allows more air mix making it less rich.

I have the screw at 1.5 turns counterclockwise - the maximum that Quenton said was normal - yet it is still too rich. You should see the black soot inside the exhaust system and on the spark plug - I actually wiped the soot off somewhat in the photos of the muffler insert - it was that bad.

So I have no idea if I have the factor #86 jet or the #95 - it's a new 07 Whizzer with the stock carb - could there be a chance the jet is 95? Should I open the air bleed screw a bit more to see if that has any results---maybe another half a turn out - so two full turns out?

Hi matthew if you take off the bowl and take out the large jet it will have the jet size stamped on it, if it has no stamp it is A #88 jet . hope this helps .Bill

Hi Matthew
The air bleeder you are adjusting is for the idle and slow speed. Under 2500rpm. You are running too rich at higher rpm's so you need to check the hi-speed jet size. Good luck.

Jim

Back