Is this whizzer motor any good?

Discussion in 'Whizzer Motorized Bicycles' started by bikewhorder, Jan 15, 2013.

1. bikewhorder

bikewhorder New Member

I've found a newer whizzer motor for sale and I'm thinking about buying it. The seller claims to know very little about it. It has the 22mm carb and the serial # is WME010312. Can anyone tell me if this is a good one or one to run away from? Thanks. -Chris

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013

2. bikewhorder

bikewhorder New Member

Let see if this pic works any better

Attached Files:

3. bikewhorder

bikewhorder New Member

Nobody knows? I'm anxious to pull the trigger on this if its a good starting point. I can get more pics if necessary. -Chris

4. jbcruisin

jbcruisin Member

It's got an NE top end so it should be okay.

5. bikewhorder

bikewhorder New Member

Thanks I called http://www.whizzermotorbike.com/ and they were able to tell me the year make and model, its a 2007 NE5 from a green 24" bike. I think I'm going to buy it!

6. jbcruisin

jbcruisin Member

That would be a good engine. How much? What clutch does it have?

7. Racie35

Racie35 Member

clutch is hooked up in that pic......springs dangling.....is it okay?

8. bikewhorder

bikewhorder New Member

He says it runs great, I would assume the clutch is whatever it came with stock. Its $500 for everything to convert a bike except the sheave. That's a good deal right?

9. Racie35

Racie35 Member

not sure really, but I know i turned down a very nice NE5 up there in maine just before I bought mine in mass.....I believe it was a 2008 with the luggage rack and turn signals etc...he wanted 1000....had I not got a really great deal on mine I woulda bought that bike.

10. mason_man

mason_man Active Member

How about the bike? are you getting that too. nice DX
    by the way the carb is a 26mm from the pic you posted.

Ray

11. bikewhorder

bikewhorder New Member

Thanks for the info. No bike, just whizzer parts. I can't get into schwinns for some reason.