It had to happen

Timbone

Local time
12:15 AM
image.jpg Just when I was confident about having so much motorbiking fun this Summer, somebody swiped my bike. Cut both chains and pedaled off. They are just gonna trash it. Such a waste!

I am very upset. I have worked so hard on this. Back to absolute square one.

Louisville, KY is the crime scene. Police report has been filed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    282.8 KB · Views: 389
easy trick is to disconnect your clutch and your spark plug wire when you park it. unless they know the things you're not going to check and see what's wrong with the clutch.

the only option at that point is to either cut the drive chain off and pedal it away or pick it up and load it into the back of a truck

butre, thats not gonna make a difference. mine was stolen about a month ago... had a flat tire!

sorry to hear that your ride is gone Timbone. :(

that sucks m8. it always suck to lose or have your creation implode. hopefully, you will get back at it again. btw, what chain did u use? level 4? i use a level 5 u-bolt but at one point had a level 1 threaded wire and level 0 padlock...

btw, from your first photo. it looks like you have a security level 1 or 1.5 wire combo lock. i think with the money, sweat, and time we put into our machines we need at least level 4+, which are still pickable with lock picks but most of these locks have +4 pins so it would have to be a skilled lock picker who would probably not be in the profession of bike thief.

also, there was a social experiment a while ago with a white and black guy literally sawing a bike chain in broad daylight in front of a big park path with tons of people. no one cared about the white guy or try to stop him, but many try to question or stop the black guy. regardless of the race thing my point is that dont rely on people alerting the police or intervening. they wont. our locks are the only protection

butre, thats not gonna make a difference. mine was stolen about a month ago... had a flat tire!

sorry to hear that your ride is gone Timbone. :(

people will ride on a flat tire. that's nothing. you can't pedal with the clutch line disconnected.

it prevents crimes of opportunity, if someone is stealing bikes they have a pickup truck they're loading them into. if someone sees a bike and thinks "I want that" they're probably going to try to ride it away

I had a buddy had this happen to him in Frankfort. Disappointing thing is, the cops didn't do anything about it since they technically still are bicycles:(.... Been a year and no luck.

Back