Ive found an engine that competes with the Chris Hill motors

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by f4lloutdiablo, Sep 3, 2009.

1. f4lloutdiablo

f4lloutdiablo New Member

2. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

I love the professional disclaimer:

"Motorized bicycles can be hazardous to your health. All safety precaustions should be taken, such as- helmet and maintenance check prior to every ride. We are not responsible for injuries or death that occurs to you while using one of our motorized bicycles. Be careful. Drive defensively. Oh, and don't do something stupid. Also, check your local city and county ordinace to verify the proper requirements for a motorized bicycle. Then have fun, and hang the **** on. "

3. f4lloutdiablo

f4lloutdiablo New Member

ha yea they should just say they are not responsible for anything you do and be safe

4. clay

clay Member

what a bunch of B.S.

5. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

They look & sound better than most other vendors....perhaps one day someone will test them & post a review.

6. spad4me

spad4me Member

Chris Hill actually uses Better parts in his stuff.
    Good quality Bearings and stuff.
    Then there is Maniac Mechanic Who re enginers China Girl engines , and who may produce a supercharged happy time ,
    Applying a coating of paint to an engine is not competing with Chris Hill .
    I also await any review.

7. Parah_Salin

Parah_Salin Member

so eh...whats it cost? and whats the horsepower? I mean thats cool and all, but numbers, numbers.

8. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

The engine kit is $445. Horsepower? Don't know. Doesn't look like the site is quite completed yet.

9. loquin

loquin Active Member

He wants $225 for his motor mounts as spare parts.

10. Parah_Salin

Parah_Salin Member

you could get a maroni engine for that price...

11. fm2200

fm2200 Member

hey arceeguy, that post sounds more like a public service announcement more than anything else. Your message is true but somewhat out of context with this particular thread. what's the deal?

12. fm2200

fm2200 Member

sorry arceeguy you were goofing on the Strider statement on there web site ooppps

13. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

My point was that if their disclaimer was so poorly and unprofessionally put together, their engines are somewhat suspect.

Now that we know the price, well - hooooooly sheeeeeeet! For that kind of money, I want a billet CNC machined crankcase, nikasil plated alloy cylinder, and genuine dellorto carburetor!

14. Bryan Smith

Bryan Smith Member

I Kinda like the look of their gas tanks but I don't think it's worth the $350 for that much style. I could get a motorcycle tank from ebay for far less.

15. MikeJ

MikeJ Member

They claim "Our motorized bicycles have exceeded 70 MPH with this engine, but we list our showroom models at 50 MPH."

That is bragging pretty hard for an 80 cc engine that looks like a cheap Chinese engine. I am skeptical, so I need to see a video showing the drivetrain, and a bicycle with rider actually in motion on a public road breaking through the 50 mph (not kph) claim, and hold it there for a minimum of two minutes.

I will remain a disbeliver until I see undisputable proof.

16. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

Dang! My old '72 Honda CB175 could barely hit 70 downhill with a tailwind. These engines must be something special to hit 70 with a one speed gearbox! :jester:

17. azbill

azbill Active Member

I saw mine do 70 backwards once !!!
    it was in the pickup bed going to the deathrace LOL

18. Hawaii_Ed

Hawaii_Ed Member

Ah, but he does sell a bling-bling bracelet!

19. birdmannn101

birdmannn101 Member

I have know Chris Hill for some time now and run his CH80 engine which has been reliable as ****. I would buy my next engine off Chris because he cares about what he sells. By Far, Chris Hill's engines are the BEST...Dan

Attached Files:

20. CroMagnum

CroMagnum Member

I don't think anyone is going to buy their next engine off Chris. The striderrides.com domain is dead, but you can get the rest of the story from http://chrishill.myknet.org/

Your tax dollars at work.