Jack shaft tooth belt drive system

K

kerf

I ran across this chrome bike on an Asian site that looked pretty good. Can't find the site anymore but I kept a picture of the drive train. Looked really neat, maybe someone would like to reverse engineer this thing.

Attachments

• power%20trans%20170.jpg
    power%20trans%20170.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 945
this is "sort of" where i'm going BUT, this setup is still having the final drive belt pass the tire which as we all know leaves you just the 9mm wide belt to work with.

to improve this you have to get the jackshaft and the secondary reduction drive pulley BELOW the rim and in closer to the spokes.

3/4" wide belt is easy to accomodate if the positioning is optimized.

not to thread jump BUT i'm still working on it. in order to have wider application my setup is becoming less innovative and more derivative almost daily. :-/

i've GOT to make some moves VERY SOON or the wife will have laid waste to my bonus and i'll have no "veture capitol" :cry:

steve

All you would need is a longer primary belt and a shorter secondary belt. Goes without saying the JS housing would need to be longer. The neat thing was the drive train was mounted on what looked like a steel rear luggage rack. Also the final drive was to the hub not the spokes, maybe a disk brake rear hub.

YES, that is a VERY clean looking drive.

If the designer would improve it by:
extending the primary drive down below the rim,
lowering the engine height as far as practical,
including a quality 4 stroke engine as an option,
using either a free wheel or lock-up on the wheel pulley,
and then offer it for sale,
I'll be the next in line to buy one!

One can only hope that this is the beginning of a commercial product that will someday come to market.

Livefastmotors sells a chain-drive version if your picture.
http://www.livefastmotors.com/motors.html
Look at the bottom of the page.
Chain-Drive Kit

Both a 2 stroke and a 4 stroke version.
It would not be difficult to ask them for the particulars. ie the stages of reduction to make a belt drive copy.

Dang, kerf.....It's no wonder you couldn't find it again....that site has everything!!
I did find a 175cc trike w/a dump bed (for old men!!)
& a Turkish Proctology table w/ 2 motors & adjustable footrests....?!?!?

From what I saw, there wouldn't be any tech info anyway.

If we guess 4:1 on the primary & 5 or even 6:1 on the secondary, that would put us close.

Back