jack shaft

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by datsun610, Jul 20, 2010.

1. datsun610

datsun610 Member

hi i want to make a jack shaft can any one help i have a free spin sprocket for the crank side and 2 more sprockets for the motor chain and the back wheel i was thinking of yousing a back hub to make it or weld to a shaft any ides or pics wald help a lot thanks every one

2. james65

james65 Member

jackshaft

Not sure what bike you have but here is food for thought.

Attached Files:

3. chainmaker

chainmaker Member

Nice,simple, and clean...
    Cheers

4. datsun610

datsun610 Member

hi mate i have a specialized rock hopper im trigng to make the same kit as yours in the pics i got the sprocets i was thinking of cuting a back hub in half to weld a sprocet on the inside for the back wheel run a free spin sprocket to the crank ant a nother welded sprocket to the motor on the other side of the hub im thinking of running a 3 spd in built hub at the back wheel. did your one cost much to build

5. james65

james65 Member

Jackshaft

The shaft/bearings/sprockets and freewheel adapter cost $45
    The steel was $7
    I am sure that the items could be purchased cheaper. I have been using this setup for over a year now with no problems.
    The pedals freewheel, a pull is a good option for this setup as you can pedal start but isn't easy. (you cannot bump start).

Attached Files:

6. datsun610

datsun610 Member

hi mate im almost thare i just have to make the mount to hold it dose it chang gears nicely im thinking of running on mine oe but my 3 speed hub wheel on it