Jackshaft kit pros and cons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The bike riding with me here is a 50cc with stock gear,stock speed carb,No tuned pipe (expansion chamber)stock stator and rotor,stock cdi and wire with the stock boot also the stock cheap ass spark plug.with a 180 lbs 6ft 2" rider upright holding at 30 mph on grades at 3/4 throttle.WE keep trying to tell you something is not right with your set up, There is no added performance parts on this bike in the video and it's capable of going twice the speed of your's with no issue and no assistance needed to do it!Take the advise so many have given you and find the problem.

THE RETURN OF DEAD REVIVING THREAD TED! lol

well there was we discussed it multiple times the problem was the rings chewed the bore up, one ring was still on the dimple and the other had spun leading to the ring being able to properly seat causing leakage.

Last I just tried to work with the repairs to that block, and when I went to flush the case guess what I found?

"bad magneto side case bearing." the big slowmo was bound to die.

Could be port duration etc., sometimes you get lucky with stock cylinders and sometimes you don't. I recommend porting, if everything else is tuned properly, and you're still lacking power/top speed.

Pros:
The obvious benefits that come from having gears
No tire or fender clearance issues
Easier on the engine
Easier on the rear wheel
Rear disc brakes

Cons:
Takes more finagling to get everything right
Added complexity = more things that can fail
Power loss from the added chains, shaft and bearings. 36t on the right side would be inherently slower than a 36t on the left side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back