Jackshaft jackshaft sprocket size????????

Discussion in 'Transmission / Drivetrain' started by azvinnie, Mar 14, 2008.

1. azvinnie

azvinnie Guest

2. Papasaun

Papasaun Guest

3. azvinnie

azvinnie Guest

im try to put a jackshaft on my bike and the problem im having is with the 9t sprocket they gave me with this order.

the 9t sprocket teeth seem to be a little fat and won't fit into the chain slots. l don't know if l can grind them thinner and it will work? thats why l was asking if there is one that l don't have to grind. thanks for the info papsaun
  4. Papasaun

Papasaun Guest

LMAO,,,, wont fit into which chain? Look at the link I sent and determine which chain you have and then you will know if just grinding width is gonna work.
    I think the chain on a HT is 415?
  5. azbill

azbill Active Member

can anyone tell me where to find a 10 tooth drive sprocket with a 5/8" bore that will fit a 415 chain
    azvinnie and i are trying to get a generator system working, but can't find a sprocket to fit our chain
    I thought a sprocket for 35 chain (single speed) would fit, but some guy told vinnie it was wrong pitch
    we have a 40/41 sprocket, but the teeth are way to thick, should we just grind it down
    it will have very minimal torque on it, so if we lose temper, it shouldn't be a prob
  6. Papasaun

Papasaun Guest

Yes you can just grind. According to that chart on that link,,,, the pitch is 1/2" for 415 and 40/41 chain. The difference is width is all.
    Or check with Staton for a gear.

Scroll down to the bottom of that link to see the chart.

RATRODER Guest

You can grind the 40/41 sprocket to fit the 415 chain or use a 41 chain.louis
  8. azbill

azbill Active Member

thanks guys
    called dave at staton, gonna go with a 9tooth from him
    this is gonna transfer over to a vacuum cleaner belt running off the 5/8 shaft to turn the gen at twice the speed (hopefully giving the 14v output we need)
  9. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Sounds like an interesting project.
  10. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

Pictures of the generator mod would be nice. Sounds very interesting. I wonder what generator you are considering to use?
  11. azvinnie

azvinnie Guest