jackshafts

im not interested in the sick bike parts jackshaft. that seems to be all thats on that thread

Not surprised they are outrageously overpriced IMHO..They cost more than you can buy a complete 49cc kit for :-S

Here's one i knocked up for my brother on a Saturday morning for next to nothing-->

Stephens_custom_49cc_series_pic_1.jpg

Stephens_custom_49cc_series_pic_2.jpg

Sorry i havent got any pics of the jackshaft on its own, suffice to say jackshafts are dead simple to put together, the bearing holders can be purchased from any good bearings supplier hit a scrap metal merchant up for the stell you'll get the whole job done for under 100 bucks EASILY.

Best of luck...

KiM

Last edited:
wow u made that. looks professional. i almost thought it was the sick bike parts jackshaft. but im just using one to get the correct gearing since im using a harbor frieght 79cc 4 stroke.
dose any1 have a pic of the jackshaft kit on your bike. the ones for go karts that are like 30 bucks

wow u made that. looks professional. i almost thought it was the sick bike parts jackshaft. but im just using one to get the correct gearing since im using a harbor frieght 79cc 4 stroke.
dose any1 have a pic of the jackshaft kit on your bike. the ones for go karts that are like 30 bucks

Nice post/reply Jester.

cspaur. i'm not sure of your exact plan, here's another source and a few photos. graucho

http://www.pacificnorthwestbearing.....html?osCsid=3bb95ea1297efbeb82c7ae9b4e63efdd

http://www.cyclone-usa.com/store.php?action=show_detail&crn=203&rn=301

7 down.... http://www.bmikarts.com/shop/?keywords=jackshaft&match_criteria=all&search=Search&cart=1778261

Attachments

• jackshaft_1.jpg
    jackshaft_1.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 268
  • jackshaft_2_With_engine.jpg
    jackshaft_2_With_engine.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 246
  • DSC02143.jpg
    DSC02143.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
wow thats a nice jackshaft. its way more durable and better than the cheap 30 buck jackshafts. i woulnt have to have a freewheel if i lost the pedals right. thanks graucho

Aussie... do you have a front freewheel or do your pedals just spin violently when you gas the engine?

Aussie... do you have a front freewheel or do your pedals just spin violently when you gas the engine?

It has a freewheel crank i made using an old freewheel and and crank set sourced from kerbside, the whole bike (minus the motor obviously) was made from parts sourced from the side of the road during council collection :) You can purchase either cheap or expensive freewheel setups if you don't have the tools to make your own, Cyclone sell them as do any high end bike store, freewheel cranks are standard on HIGH end trials bicycles :)

cspaur13 : no you wouldnt, but then your bicycle would effectively become a motorcycle and thus be illegasl to ride on the street without registration and a license, aaaand unless i am mistaken even in USA you can't get a license at 14...gaaawd i hope not anyway LoL

KiM

Back