jackshafts

the cops will never bother me. there never are any in my neighborhood. people always ride there dirtbikes, atvs and go karts down the road. and horses are alooud as well. i might keep the pedals if they will fit with that big motor in the frame.

SWEET! So you are going to gear your HF 4-stroke engine to the 6 or 7 rear gears! I can't wait to see this.

If you can get over 35mph on one of those engines with only one gear, imagine several!

8.8 sounds good. The small engine can take off from a stop, but I always recommend pedaling with the engine on a start to make it last longer, and have less wear.

Not surprised they are outrageously overpriced IMHO..They cost more than you can buy a complete 49cc kit for :-S

Here's one i knocked up for my brother on a Saturday morning for next to nothing-->

Stephens_custom_49cc_series_pic_1.jpg

Stephens_custom_49cc_series_pic_2.jpg

Sorry i havent got any pics of the jackshaft on its own, suffice to say jackshafts are dead simple to put together, the bearing holders can be purchased from any good bearings supplier hit a scrap metal merchant up for the stell you'll get the whole job done for under 100 bucks EASILY.

Best of luck...

KiM

THAT JUST MIGHT BE THE MOST UGLY BIKE IVE EVER SEEN!, NICE JACK SHAFT ARRANGEMENT, BEATS THE HECK OUTA PAYING $217.

She's a Beauty

Nice job on the rear suspension Kim. Once again you've outdone most of us with kerbside parts. Here's my similar version / pillow bearing supported shaft /bought from go cart supply for less than 100 bucks total.

pillow drive 1.jpg

pillow drive 2.jpg

pillow drive 3.jpg

Another version

If you are eliminating the pedals you can use the existing bottom bracket to house the jackshaft, like this. Still cost about 100 bucks.

IMG_0825.jpg

IMG_0828.jpg

Back