jb weld for hole in engine!

masterx1234

Local time
7:59 PM
oh no just found a hole in the cylinder! this explains why my idle wasnt smooth, but my question is can i use jb weld to seal the pin size hole in the cylinder? i only want this to be a temporary repair, could it work?

New cylinders aren't very expensive at all. Unless I had brazing/welding experience, I'd just buy a new cylinder. I definitely would not trust JB Weld around high heat and compression/pressure.

Don't know if it would work, but since it's temporary might be worth a try!

It won't cost much and you otherwise have nothing to loose.

Of coarse you must report back with the results!

-Kirk

Last edited by a moderator:
JB weld would work great. Ruff up the area a little 1st then apply and let sit for 24hrs. I think you will have great luck. I once used jb weld inside of a lawn mower engine to hold 2 valve seats in place. The lawn mower was a freebie . It worked great for an entire summer before they loosened up again.

JB weld would work great. Ruff up the area a little 1st then apply and let sit for 24hrs. I think you will have great luck. I once used jb weld inside of a lawn mower engine to hold 2 valve seats in place. The lawn mower was a freebie . It worked great for an entire summer before they loosened up again.
Yes and how long was the mower run each time and frequency used? My opinion...JB Weld has it's place, but not here. But try it till you can either repair the cylinder or replace it. Then you can let us know.

Last edited:
if just a pin hole first stick something in the hole first like part of a tooth pick so it wont hit the piston and then goop it on kinda thick and folllow label directions and go ride after it dries of course

Cylinder body cost $25 plus about another $10 for gaskets.
JB Weld cost $5.27.

Difference in cost of doing something that may not work and doing it right? Around $30.
Not worrying about a cheap repair failing? Priceless.

lol well guess what, i used jb weld on it, but yes its a very small hole right next to the intake manifold, the air leak is fixed! and motor is really running great now

Back