jb's Easy motorbike

Discussion in 'Dealer Advertisements' started by jbcruisin, Apr 18, 2009.

1. jbcruisin

jbcruisin Member

I finally got it finished ( well almost). It took me long enough. I got my kit March 21st when my wife & were visiting Quenton & Donna. I built the bike from scratch. Got the frame & springer on Ebay & got most of the other parts from Memory Lane Classics. I laced the wheels & got it painted at a high school where I'm doing electrical work. I wok construction. They have a body shop class & it cost me $36. They even sanded & prepped it. Front & rear hubs I got on Ebay. Seat on Ebay.
    I don't have the cranks on because the pedal hit on the right side. I'm going to take them to the school Monday & get the welding class to heat them & spread the one side about an inch out. Still need a headlight & battery.
    Here are some pics. Check out how the frame & front end were wrapped when I got them from the person I bought them from on Ebay.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009

2. ocscully

ocscully Member

Are you concerned at all about the amount of trail you have on your bike, and how it will effect the overall handling of the bicycle. In case the term Trail has no meaning for you here is a link to a better explanation than I could write here. http://www.phred.org/~josh/bike/trail.html

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  3. stude13

stude13 Active Member

did the kids like it? i do.
  4. jbcruisin

jbcruisin Member

oscully, I'm not too worried about trail. I live in the country & the roads are pretty straight. The chopped Harleys I use to have had radical front ends & I loved them too. What's an Incase?
    Hey stude13, My 4 grandsons were here today & loved the bike.
  5. biken stins

biken stins Member

Very nice.
  6. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

Lookin' good Jay! :2thumbsup:
  7. RdKryton

RdKryton Active Member

Hey Jay what are you using as a clamp for the flex pipe? We are using a 1" seat post clamp. It's a great fit and looks good too.

8. jbcruisin

jbcruisin Member

I always do things professionally. That's why I used a very nice hose clamp:whistling:. I will try the seat post clamp. That's a good idea.
  9. mabman

mabman Member

That packing job is pretty funny. The guy even left the pedals on it! I guess he couldn't figure out how to get them off. Glad you got it in one piece. The build is really nice.
  10. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

nice work on a great looking MB

have fun as you ride that MB thing
  11. azbill

azbill Active Member

nice build Jay !!! :cool2:
  12. jbcruisin

jbcruisin Member

Pedals not hitting now!!

I took care of my pedal clearance problem. Now I have room to spare.

Attached Files:

13. RusticoRay

RusticoRay Member

Hey Jay will the bike make the trip to East Coast ride in Hartford? Love to see a kit up close Gawk factor
  14. azbill

azbill Active Member

jay, could you tell me if it was hard to do the bends and keep them square?
    I was already contemplating doing that to my orig crank, but wasn't sure if I could do it straight :cool2:
  15. jbcruisin

jbcruisin Member

Hi azbill, It took the guy about 12 minutes to do it with a torch, a vise & a pipe to bend it when it was hot. PM me & I'll give you the details.
    RusticoRay, I will be in CT. with my wife for the Rally. See you there. Hoping I can fit at least 2 bikes in my old Plymouth Grand Voyager Van & also have room for some of my famous home made wine for the evening after the rides.
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  16. jbcruisin

jbcruisin Member

Had it on the road today. Runs great!! My driveway is uphill & pulled it easy coming home. Smooth bike & drive system. Taking it & my 99 to Connecticut For the Rally May 2nd. See you there.
  17. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

almost impossible to get perfect

that pedal just doesn't seem to look straight
    hopefully I am wrong
    when bending or straightening a crank I have found it to be
    almost impossible to get perfect
    pedalling a short distance sure tells the story

ride the motor bike thing
  18. jbcruisin

jbcruisin Member

Hi mountainman, Yeah, I thought too that in the one picture the right pedal looks a little off. I rode it today & it seems fine. If I find it's not straight I just take it back & tweak it. It's better than it was, hitting the engine.

Attached Files:

19. Stink Bike

Stink Bike Member

That's a great looking bike mate.
    Good work.
  20. alberndt

alberndt New Member

another approach jb cruisin pedals

Great looking build, I am in the process now on the EZ kit, I took a little different approach on the pedals, I moved the engine approx. 2 inches forward , tilted the rear of the engine up a little and then changed out the crank with one from a schwinn stingray, I am using the same frame you are and they are a 6 inch crank length.
    I have good clearance/don't hit the engine and will then use pedal extenders.