Jessie Mini Chopper Custom $1699

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by dave1490, Jan 11, 2008.

1. dave1490

dave1490 Guest

found this on ebay,s kijiji 1 of the best custom,s iv seen.

Engine Type: 150cc, OHC, Single-Cylinder, 4-stroke, Air Cooled
    Starter: Electric, kick start
    Net Weight: 182 lbs
    Ignition: CDI Magneto
    Transmission: 5 speed Manual
    Top Speed: Up to 100 kmh/h
    Front / Rear Wheel: 70/70-15 - 205/40-14
    Chain transmission
    Brake: front & Rear hydraulic disc brake
    Fuel Tank Capacity: 2.6L
    Max load: 300lbs
    Battery: 12V/9Ah
    Sturdy Steel Frame & Body
    Stainless Steel Muffler
    Hand-Controlled Twist Grip Handing
    Advanced Chain Drive System with Auto Chain Tensioner
    Colours: Green/silver, orange/silver, black/silver, blue/silver

see it here

2. azbill

azbill Active Member

I moved this to the white zone because,
    while it is a cool chopper, there are no pedals, so it's not a motoredbike
  3. sensationpdx

sensationpdx Member

Wow! That thing looks cool! I wonder if there are any clips out there of it being rode.
  4. Jim H

Jim H Guest

I wonder if Jesse would consider making compatible parts for our type of bikes...he seems to be able to do anything with anything that has wheels.
  5. jimmyglitter

jimmyglitter Member

It is a chinese chopper

That is all chinese made 3/4 chopper. It is not a custom bike. They do look good.
  6. DougC

DougC Guest

I don't know what it is that (US) people do with 3/4 choppers.
    Most of the ads I see for them in print magazines all say that they aren't street-legal (for what reasons I don't know). At the store I work at, there was a mini-chopper that a beer distributor brought in for a display, and it seemed to have everything it needed to be legal--lights and all--but it still had decals on the frame that said it wasn't.

I remember I posted a link to the place "hardknockschoppers" or whatever it was, but there they said you could register what they sold as a kit motorcycle. Which isn't hardly ideal, but at least it can be done.

I know some people build custom vehicles that are never street-legal, but is that all that 3/4 choppers are good for? Can they be registered anywhere in the USA?
  7. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

The reason these things are labeled as not street legal is twofold:

1. They are not street legal everywhere and the manufacturer does not want to go through the hassle of specifying where it may be; and

2. This is related, but it costs the manufacturer money to get the certification to make and therefore be allowed to advertise it as street legal (safety equipment, emissions, etc.). Also, there are liability/insurance issues to deal with. The manufacturer just avoids the whole mess by making no representation that it is street legal and letting the buyer deal with registration if he wants to. In my home state of Indiana, I am pretty sure I could get it registered in some way- though it would probably have to be built as a kit of some sort.

Why? Maybe you just want to cruise in the open air on something out of the ordinary. That is why I am building the bike-cycle (as I call mine). I don't need it to commute; it won't have any effect on my gas consumption; I just want to have some fun for less coin than a full motorcycle.

Same thing.
  8. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

Mine's legal...

My 3/4 chop is legal and I ride the pi$$ out of her. It's a motorcycle according to our reg.s
    I renewed the tags on it last week and rode about 80 miles round trip in the 35-40 freeze and had a blast!!! She's 100cc, 80 M.P.H., and tops out at around 45-50 depending on how she feels that day. Great fun; and an excellent grocery getter, errand runner, commuter. And yeah, choppers handle funky. Mines not nearly as bad as most but it ain't my whizzer, happy time, gebe, or Island Hopper fer sure; nor is it my '67 CL, my '80 Kawasaki 250, or anythinmg, those handle like a dream, but i9t's still a great bike and a lot of fun...