Jet bike!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by hotrodlincoln, Dec 13, 2008.

1. hotrodlincoln

hotrodlincoln Member

I have seen these before on you tube but seeing and hearing one in person was amazing! I shot some video as well and I will post it later.

Attached Files:

2. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

where did you see that??
  3. hotrodlincoln

hotrodlincoln Member

The mooneyes xmas car show in Irwindale Ca. there may be some video on you tube of the show if you search mooneyes xmas 2008. I'll post my video as soon as I convert it.
  4. stude13

stude13 Active Member

check out softride's twin pulse jet bike. the jets are 5 to 6 feet long.
  5. ZnsaneRyder

ZnsaneRyder Member

Remember Folks, Jet engines are over 50cc and illegal and go over 100mph.................ROFL :devil2:

I'd like to see a DIY jet bike posted here! hehehehehe

6. Buzz Bomb

Buzz Bomb Member

Yeah the show was fun. the pin-ups must have been freeeeezing though. I got the side cover to my Whizzer motor striped at the show. Looks really good.
  7. hotrodlincoln

hotrodlincoln Member

The guy who was running it said the jet was from a military drone, I wonder if they are available as military surplus.
  8. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

As far as I know, the military hasn't fielded any drones with such small and inefficient jet engines but may have some in the developmental phase. I know on RC jet engine has been tested on cruise missiles. If i am wrong, please correct me (thanks).

The jet engine he has on the bike is probably a model airplane radio control jet engine and there are dozens of vendors that sell them.
    Ram microjets
    There are many more.
    More micro jet engine markers can be found at:

Model airplanes are my 2nd passion life. Flying the real thing is my first.
  9. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

so how fast does that jet THING go

did he take it for a ride

sure would like to ride that THING -- or fly that THING !!!
  10. hotrodlincoln

hotrodlincoln Member

Hey mountainman, He said it would do about 50 mph, a little scary with only a coaster brake!
  11. keclark4

keclark4 New Member

12. Technocyclist

Technocyclist New Member

I think you have to maintain those jet engines every 25 hours of runtime, replace bearings, turbines, etc... and with prices like that I think I'll go for the 90cc mini V8 engine...
  13. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

Bearing replacement is usally done preventatively after every 100 cycles or more. Other components usually last a long longer provided engine FOD ingestion was minimal to none.

These jets burn kerosene mixed with oil and are loss lube. I know of serveral jet fliers who haven't done any major engine maintenance over years of flying.

The jets are nice but slapping one on a bike is just silly. A gallon of gas will last you about 20 minutes on a large engine. These things are perfect for model airplane jet jocks.
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2008
  14. Mountainman

that's fast -- for Mountainman anyway

that's fast on a bicycle -- at least for the Mountainman

with no motor engaged
    I can hit around 45 mph coasting down this dangerous mountain road
    sometimes I wonder at that speed
    what if someTHING flies apart ?

it's not a good thought

wish to stay in the up right position as we
    ride those THINGS
  15. mabman

mabman Member

Funny how there are no new ideas eh?

But the joy of discovery is not lost upon those that seek it with an open checkbook.
  16. keclark4

keclark4 New Member

They make really good heaters! I'm a Tanker in the National Guard. Whenever its cold you can always find a few of us huddled together behind a tank. (Probably not the best idea, but its just what tankers do.)
  17. Mountainman

big mountain rocks needed for that ride

I have seen those guys before
    they are well known as two of the first astronauts

took some big mountain rocks to fire up and ride that rocket bike !!!

ride that THING
  18. I saw this on TV and I found this thread I thought you guys might get a kick out of it hehe...

Jet engine bike! On TV it had all kinds of flames coming out of it... no sure why his youtube video doesnt have that. Awesome anyways. :D