Just A Lil Picture Or Two Please :)

HeadSmess

Local time
5:02 AM
ok, ok, so i got lehrs robin subaru copy which appears to be huashengs lil 25cc banger...

came fitted to run lpg. so im trying to go back to petrol... for a comparison.

heres a big box of walbro carbs off of anything but 4 strokes on my shelf...

strapped the most suitable one on, crossed fingers...SHE RUNS! despite any pulse for the pump... so gravity feed works, it seems, as venturi vaccuum still opens the needle to let fuel in... completely seperate to the pump and the crank pulses. the pumps only for when you have the fuel tank lower than the carb...

but, then...mixtures start changing...getting fussy...dying at WOT... not idling.... etc.

a thorough search of the net has supplied me with the type of carb to use, but can i find any decent pics from alternate angles? (walbro WYB or WYL)

i want to see whether there IS a pulse hole in the rear of the carb, and a corresponding one on the manifold.

anyways, i did fit the pulse up another way, by using a carb with a remote pulse feed, which i then put to the intake manifold, with a lil pipe and nipples etc...

the mixture has settled down, and will hold a setting now, and maybe what ive done is exactly what is done normally, but as i dont have one that already runs on petrol to look at, nor can i find any pics...im flying blind!

i also found mention of a spring in the pump somewhere that isnt normal, but once again...a picture paints a thousand words...

honda gx 25, 35, or robin subaru, 25 or 35, all the same carb apparently... and can i find any for sale? but i dont need to buy one, i just need to see how they work!

Back