Just bought my first motorized bike

Jormungund

Local time
6:47 PM
Hey everyone,
Yesterday I purchased an almost new motorized bicycle. It is a power king and I think that it is 80cc. I should be using this a lot in the upcoming months to take me to school everyday. I'm already thinking of adding a pull-cord to start the engine since it is extremely difficult to start using the pedals. One day into owning this and I am already plagued with technical problems. If I can't find older threads to help me with these problems I might ask around here for some help. I'm looking forward to a productive time on this forum.

I resolved the motor starting problem (pedals are broken, I coast downhill a bit until I reach a speed that lets me start the motor) and found a solution to another problem I had. I have been riding this around a lot at about half throttle to get used to it and to break in the motor.
I have a real noob question. My bike can't idle. If I slow down enough, the engine dies. My pedals are busted and I am waiting for a replacement part. This means that if I stop my bike, it dies and I can't get it started again because I can't pedal it up to a speed fast enough to restart the engine. My question: can I, when stopping at an intersection, pull the clutch lever and keep the motor on as a means of letting it idle? Is that fine for the engine, or will pulling the clutch while it is running harm it somehow?

. My question: can I, when stopping at an intersection, pull the clutch lever and keep the motor on as a means of letting it idle? Is that fine for the engine, or will pulling the clutch while it is running harm it somehow?
Yes... by all means... use the clutch to keep it running.

What happen the weld brake on the sprocket ?
Guess you did not have time to read post suggested.
So... While sitting on your bike look down. There is a button thats a plunger. Close by it is a screw. Turn it in to make the bike idle faster.
Question ? What kind of brakes you have on your bike ?
Good Luck.

I have been meaning to adjust the idle screw. The person who sold me this bike told me about it. I need some practice with stopping and idling the bike. Once I can do that with confidence, I'll try adjusting the idle screw.
My bike is a cruiser, so the brakes are the kind that you pedal backwards to activate. I will try and add rear brakes that are activated by a lever on the handle, since I don't like the cruiser style brakes.
I can post some pictures I have of it. It has a custom paint job and really wide tires. I'll be adding a lot to it in the upcoming weeks; so maybe I'll wait to post pics of bike.

Sorry did not read the first post right. Your pedals are broke. So how you stopping ?
Turn the screw in 1/4 turn before starting. Start, ride,stop, adjust until correct.
Lets see those pictures !
Good luck.

Last edited:
I put up some pictures of my bike:
http://www.motoredbikes.com/album.php?albumid=794
Currently I just release the throttle to stop. That results in a kind of gradual coasting to a stop as the engine weakens and shuts off. I know it is dangerous, so I ride on residential streets and never stop. I coast down a hill a bit to get started and won't stop until my 10-15 minute ride is over. I was once forced to stop and ended up having to swerve out of the way of a car that cut me off. I had to walk my bike to the nearest hill to restart the motor. Let's just say that I can't wait to finally fix it and be able to use the pedals.

Back