just built my first motored bike

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by motorpsycho, Aug 5, 2009.

1. motorpsycho

motorpsycho Active Member

i found out about this site from my friend, as we were building his first motored bike. after riding his, i got the bug to want one too.
    i got a 49 c.c. 2 stroke motor kit, and stuck it in a 20" lowrider bike.
    i have found alot of answers here to questions i had while getting my bike going. there is a ton of information here, as well as all the cool bike pics.
    altho it may seem strange to use a 20" lowrider as a platform for a motored bike, i have to say it is a total blast to ride. i know that it isn't the first lowrider to have a motor on it. it just needs a bigger back sprocket so it has better take off.
    i'm from southern indiana by the way, and i think i just found my new hobby.

[​IMG]

2. scokes

scokes Member

Welcome, I like the chrome tank on your chopper. I've been looking around for a good lowrider for my 2nd build.

3. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

It sure is a good looking bike, isn't it?

Is that a vintage Schwinn or something new and retro?

4. motorpsycho

the tank isn't chrome. it was black, but i painted it pearl white.

5. motorpsycho

it's a schwinn, but not a vintage one. i picked it up off craigslist for $50.00.
    i chopped the fenders, chopped and lowered the sissy bar, added the white metal flake seat, and added the whitewall cheater slick in the back. i also added a vintage shwinn headbadge that i polished to look chrome, and i painted the "schwinn" letters purple to match the frame color.

6. lowJoe

lowJoe New Member

Hey buddy!! can't wait to go on another ride!!!

7. motorpsycho

we gotta get your bike painted and shiney over the winter.

8. Tango911

Tango911 New Member

nice work, im in indiana too. just did my first and had a blast on it. Sold it for what i had in it, then ordered two more kits. This is def alot of fun even for an old fart like me. (41 in july).

Next two projects are a couple of cruisers.

very nice lowrider!

9. Esteban

Esteban Active Member

Typically called a " BFK Schwinn." Black Friday Krate which were a promo at WalMart on the Friday after Thanksgiving. Although not near the quality of the old Krates, they were pretty decent & are a little collectible. Like any new cheap bike, look over the bearings, etc, to see if there is are grease in those.