Just few questions.

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by aka123, Aug 13, 2013.

1. aka123

aka123 New Member

I have few questions to ask.

1) Is it necessary to adjust the clutch through the adjustment in the lever? Or is it better to just leave it tightened and only adjust the clutch by turning the one at the end of the clutch cable(between big spring and small spring)

2) When i disengage my clutch lever and spins the rear wheel bicycle with my hand, the wheel only spins twice or 3 times. Is that normal?

3) In Canada, BC, if a police pull me over and ask my name, do i have the right to refuse and not to say my name? I just really want to know my rights as a motorized rider.

2. IbedaYank

IbedaYank Member

MAINTENANCE SECTION
    # 1. How to Adjust Clutch if signs of slipping or squealing are encountered :
    A) Disengage the clutch by pulling handle bar clutch cable lever inward and push the lock button in.
    B) The bike should now roll easily. Release the clutch lever and bike should slide the rear wheel.
    C) If the rear wheel does not slide when the lever is released this means the clutch needs adjusting.
    D) Remove the clutch cover and then remove the locking screw that holds the Clutch Adjusting Nut.
    E) Pull the clutch lever arm on left side of engine inward. Back off the Clutch Adjust Nut ½ turn CCW.
    F) Release clutch lever arm and check for 1/16" slight clutch arm free-play.
    G) Readjust *Clutch Adjust Nut as required to get the required 1/6" clutch arm free play.
    H) Now Repeat the B) roll test. Rear wheel should now slide when the handlebar lever is released.
    I) Be sure to re-install the small locking screw in outer edge of *Clutch Adjust Nut.
    G) Good idea to place a small gob of grease at gear mesh area. Use grease sparingly! Then replace cover.
    H) Squirt light grade oil down clutch cable sheathing to reduce friction and make for easy lever pull.
    http://grubeeinc.com/USA/images/120120/SkyHawk Instructions.pdf

Purple Haze likes this.
  3. aka123

aka123 New Member

I tried adjusting the flowernut by turning it CCW, the rear wheel spins if the clutch lever is released but my bicycle would no longer be able to engage.

4. Purple Haze

Purple Haze Active Member

Try to get the adjustment close with the flower nut, then you can fine-tune it with the lever or case adjustment. You are spot-on when you can lock the lever down while the engine is idling without any engine creep, and when released there is no slippage.