Just finished my new bike, a prototype custom conversion

This baby rides nice, just watch those right turns.

92_CIMG3644_1.jpg

92_CIMG3647_1.jpg

92_CIMG3645_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
azkronic said:
yeah...no leaning into the turn for you :LOL:
that is the first time I have seen a rack-mount installed like that :eek:
does the angle of engine affect anything?

I should have been clearer, if you mean the internal lubrication with the motor leaning slightly forward, I don't know. That is my only concern but it seems to run just fine.

Now thats a nice bike!!!!!

Is this the only mounting place under the seat or can it be mounted above the top frame bar just under the seat?
I second the motion from azkronic - I'm thinking that gas tank may be exposed

Torques said:
azkronic said:
yeah...no leaning into the turn for you :LOL:
that is the first time I have seen a rack-mount installed like that :eek:
does the angle of engine affect anything?

I should have been clearer, if you mean the internal lubrication with the motor leaning slightly forward, I don't know. That is my only concern but it seems to run just fine.

yes that was part of what I meant, I was thinking isnt the gas gravity fed?

The gas is sucked out of the tank up to the carb so the angle doesn't seem to be an issue.

jerryt said:
Now thats a nice bike!!!!!

Is this the only mounting place under the seat or can it be mounted above the top frame bar just under the seat?
I second the motion from azkronic - I'm thinking that gas tank may be exposed

I have scraped the gas tank just very slightly three times, once coming into my driveway and once going out and in a parking lot the first time I rode it. They are slight scrapes, not deep, but yes it is an issue but doesn't in any way take away the pleasure in riding this bike. The gas tank can be removed. I could buy additional lengths of tubing for the gas lines and mount that tank somewhere else but I'm not sure where. It is not a priority for me now.

azkronic said:
I forgot to add... maybe a piece of sheet metal under the engine to act as a skid plate ... better wear marks/scrapes on a 5$ piece of metal than your engine 8) 8) 8)

Done, thanks for the suggestion.

Back