Just finished...

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by kidricer, Dec 7, 2009.

1. kidricer

kidricer New Member

Just finished this bike for a friend.

Attached Files:

2. cwucat42

cwucat42 Guest

Sweet!:tt1:

3. give me vtec

give me vtec Active Member

thats a good lookin bike... nice job

4. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

Nice bike, what frame is that?

5. wow that thing is a beast - I love it.

6. kidricer

kidricer New Member

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
  7. give me vtec

what kind of bike is that??? I like it a lot....

8. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

That's nice....very artistic....everything looks like it *belongs*. I like the general *look* too. Your pics came out a bit dark, but it makes the shiny stuff kind of "jump out". Wish I new how to do that. :confused:

9. kidricer

kidricer New Member

Thanks!
    It's an Op cruiser from Walmart. I would stay away from the bike though. I ended up using just the frame and handle bar. Everything else is junk on the bike. The frame is light and aluminum...but you can't put a HD wheel on it. The wheel spacing is narrow. My friend and I were going to start with an electra cruiser frame that looks like this frame... we went this route cuz he wanted a new looking finish bike. He doesn't know how to paint or wrench and is not into patina. I guess this bike is an experiment. (my second build) It turned out good and is sure the **** fun. It rips too for what it is.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
  10. kidricer

kidricer New Member

Thanks!
    Shot the picture at night with a cheap digital camera and used the flash. That's it, nothing crazy or any Photoshop tricks.

11. give me vtec

By any chance was it this Electra frame????

[​IMG]

12. kidricer

kidricer New Member

Attached Files:

13. kidricer

kidricer New Member

here are some better pictures of the bike:

Attached Files:

14. azbill

azbill Active Member

nice bike !!!
    a S/A front drum and a springer just look good together :)

15. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

Aaaaah, perfection by accident.....wish I knew how to do THAT too. :icon_cry:

16. Catfishjohn

Catfishjohn New Member

Pretty cool! Nice job.

17. Stink Bike

Stink Bike Member

Great Bike.
    What are your thoughts on the expansion chamber?

18. kidricer

kidricer New Member

Thanks!

Pipe works good. You can really feel the difference. Makes goin up hills a bit easier. It's a loud pipe, so I installed a muffler from "Sick Bike Parts". Made it sound cooler and I think a little back pressure from the muffler help a bit too.

19. i have a question about the stinger on the original expansion pipe. Was it originally welded on to the pipe or was it removeable? I'm thinking of using this pipe on my bike but, I'd like to be able to run the exhaust out the back. I'm thinking that if I could "spin the little stinger" that they put on the bottom of the pipe, I'd then be able to direct it more toward the back, rather than directly down at the ground. How did you modify your pipe?

thanks!

20. kidricer

kidricer New Member

I got the hi-flow muffler from Sick Bike Parts. It's removable. Make sure the exhaust is not shooting onto the rear tire. I had to cut off the little stinger because it was too short. Welded a piece of tubing to the end of the expansion chamber and installed the exhaust. You can also use handle bars as u-bends to route the exhaust out back.

Hope this helps.

Kidricer