Just got hit by a car

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Simonator, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Simonator

Simonator Guest

I decided to take a SHORT trip down the street. Only about 1/4 mile. My bike doesn't have a light. I was only going about 15 mph when a big SUV flew out of a parking lot and creamed me. My bike is damaged. It needs a new wheel, fork, and brakes. That is assuming the frame isn't bent. I just installed a brand new Howell motor on it today. All I wanted to do is take a short trip down the street to test it. Not only my bike is broke, I am pretty sure my hand is broke too. I am feeling a pain all over my body.....

Before:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/500/medium/100_14341.JPG

After:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/500/medium/100_14361.JPG

2. Abeagle

Abeagle Guest

Man that stinks, I hope you heal well and the bike frame is ok.
    Did they at least offer to get you medical assistance?

3. Simonator

Simonator Guest

He asked me what I wanted to do, and if I wanted him to call anyone. I felt fine right after it happened, so I said no. I didn't want to get the police involved either. I figured it would be my fault for riding a motor bike at night with no lights. After I got home I started feeling the pain....

4. Simonator

Simonator Guest

Well, I just took a good look at it. The frame looks to be ok. I think if I buy a new Fork assembly it will be ok.

5. friedlbug

friedlbug Member

I'd get your hand checked out asap. If you say you "fell off your bike", you'd be telling the (partial) truth and covering your butt for health insurance purposes. If they find out there was an accident, they'll want you to go after the other guy for payment.

6. kerf

kerf Guest

I very sorry for your pain and loss of your machine but that's the cost of tuition at the University of Hard Knocks. If your gonna play with the " big boys" (SUV), better make *&#$! sure they can see you. The fact that you're posting this thread, means you got your education at bargain basement prices.

Good luck.

7. graucho

graucho Active Member

Simonator, glad your not "flat like pancake" Get your hand looked at tomorrow to make sure it will heal correctly. (anything broke) you have pride into the bike, but the bike is just a "thing" Tylenol my friend.

8. jimmyglitter

jimmyglitter Member

Your hand

Press the area that "hurts" If it is really painful it is broken, if it is just sore you may have bruised it sprained it.

9. Simonator

Simonator Guest

my problem is trying to tell the difference between real painful, and sore. I have quite the tolerance for pain.

10. Stink Bike

Stink Bike Member

That ***** mate.
    I hope you and your bike both feel better in the morning

11. Simonator

Simonator Guest

Nope! I am REALLY feeling it this morning. My bike is in a bad mood too.

12. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Wow. Sorry to hear about it man.

13. beach cruzin

beach cruzin Guest

LIGHTS,LIGHTS,LIGHTS,yes we must have lights and our heads on a swivel

sorry about your ride bro

14. Simonator

Simonator Guest

Well, the pain in my hand has reduced alot. I can move it like normal now. I don't think its broke after all. The rest of my body is very sore though.

15. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Good. Now you just have to rebuild the bike.

16. Simonator

Simonator Guest

I will be starting on that tomorrow :smile:

17. SirJakesus

SirJakesus Guest

Well I've never been creamed by a vehicle before but I've taken my share of tumbles. Heres my first MB after I did a superman off of it. I didn't get much more than a sore wrist and a bruise (even though I flew and forward flipped at least 15 feet) which was a miracle. My bike didn't fair as well though. I had to replace tons of **** on it afterwards.
    Heres a pic that should cheer you up :)
    http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u21/sirjakesus/MVC-005F.jpg

18. Simonator

Simonator Guest

Oh man... that rim folded in half! What did you hit?

19. Simonator

Simonator Guest

20. mickey

mickey Guest

Ouch! I guess the only comfort is: It could have been worse. Mend up.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2008