Just installed my 32t SPROCKET

Discussion in 'Spare Parts, Tools & Product Developement' started by Tom, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Tom

Tom Active Member

It came a few days ago. I had to drill holes in it so that it would fit, since the hole pattern was a bit smaller then what I had.

[​IMG]

I mounted it on the wheel, and had to remove some links from my chain. It turns out that it fit so well, I dont need that stupid roller.

[​IMG]

It is way easier to pedal with the clutch in with the new sprocket and no roller. It seems that stupid thing was just creating friction. It fell apart when I took it off...

[​IMG]

My top speed increased from about 25mph to about 35mph, without much difference in acceleration. Its really cool because at around 22-25mph, when my bike would normally be losing acceleration, it is now still charging full speed ahead. Way recommended. I am so excited to go for a ride!!!!!

2. sk8freak8989

sk8freak8989 Guest

cool. im ordering my tomaro.

3. psuggmog

psuggmog Guest

Good to see that you got your dataplate mounted.

4. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

looks good, Tom. are we getting a high-speed video?

5. Tom

Tom Active Member

I sure hope so!

35mph sure does feel a heck of a lot faster than 25mph

6. try1897

try1897 Guest

It seems to me that there is alot of variation in these engines or something. I have an 80cc that I got from Kings and I can tell just looking at some of the other 80's in the gallery that mine is a cheap one. the fit and finish is crappy and it has a intake manifold that is cast alunimum that is drilled out from both ends and where they meat in the bend its off by a few mm. So what I'm trying to say is that it would do , or will do much better when the stainless steal one arives . It will flow much better. But the point is even with all its poor quality it goes fast.It will cruise at 25 all day and has no problem topping 30 with a 44 tooth sprocket. I ordered the 36 tooth and am waiting for delivery but expect it will run it the upper 30's no problem. I thought about a 32 but I may lose too much takeoff gear and I don't like to pedal .I may save up for one of Grubee's racing carbs later this spring and do some more work on the exaust flow. Also when you talk about speeds I'm 250 lbs. so its got alot of work to do just pulling itself and my fat butt around. I wish we could compare the bikes side by side and figure out the differences. Its got to be that I'm turnning more RPM than you or something.........???...... Who knows.??? Is there a way to hook up a tachometer on these engines? Tom in WV

7. chieflets

chieflets Guest

that's sweet tom.......

try.... there all pretty much the same just grubee have heavier cylinder casting from what i can gather and maybe better bearing cannot really sp[ot any other diffrences .....please correct me if iam wrong anyone

Chieflets

8. scottco

scottco Guest

Tom,

How does it do on the hills?

Scottco

9. Tom

Tom Active Member

If i have some speed, it does fine. Doesn't feel to have as much torque as the 44t sprocket. if it starts bogging down, ill give it a couple quick pedals to keep it going. definitely worth the extra 10mph top speed.

10. foyeburger

foyeburger Guest

hi tom question what about take off from a stop do you end up peddling a bit or does it still allow for no peddle takeoffs (i guess thats the term ) hows that working out for you and does it seem smoother at higher speeds now that you can get past 25 mph. larry ca

11. Tom

Tom Active Member

no-pedal take offs are a bit harder now, but I never did them anyway. It just requires good control of the clutch, and is probably not too good for the bike. It runs real smooth at 30mph, when before if i got above 25, i was worried the engine would explode since it was revving so high.

12. try1897

try1897 Guest

Hi, Mine seems to run much better at speeds of 30 and above. I do pedal on takoff for a few strokes but not too much. I'm running a 36 tooth with the Kings 80cc engine. If you peg it on flat ground it will fly. Personally I don't want to go that fast on the roads in this area. Man you hit a pothole and your a** is gonna get skinned. It did make a big diff/between the 44 qnd 36 tooth though. Way more top end..... Tom in WV

13. joeranton

joeranton Guest

Where can I get a 32 tooth rear sprocket? I am current looking into gettin a 36 tooth from dax, but I know I won't be satisfied with the top end.

14. azbill

azbill Active Member

15. Q-killer

Q-killer Guest

Where?!?!? I don't see a sprocket like the one here at spooky. Where can I get one of these? I want higher speed, and maybe I'll be able to pull that damn chain roller out as well!

16. Hugemoth

Hugemoth Guest

You asked about a tach. Try googling TinyTach and you'll find what you need. They work great on these engines.

Moth

17. stowaway

stowaway Guest

Sprocket

i emailed spookytooth and they tell me they only have 36t sprockets not 32t sprockets. they used to get them but dont anymore.

anyone know where i cna get a 32t sprocket?

18. SlicerDicer

SlicerDicer Guest

stowaway you could always look at gokart stuff. There is plenty of sprocket selection there :)

19. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

a new member mentioned custom sprockets...i've been waiting to see a "buy/sell/trade" about it :?

20. Simonator

Simonator Guest

Hey Tom, what size wheel are you running?

I am running a 50T sprocket on my mountain bike with 26" wheels. I don't know what the top speed is, but I know it isn't that fast. I am thinking about upgrading to a 32T or 36T sprocket. I'm afraid the 32 might bog the motor too much at lower speeds. I am running the 70/80cc engine

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2007