just makes me sick!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by locoWelder, Jun 1, 2007.

1. locoWelder

locoWelder Guest

I just heard on the news that a 2 year old kid died this morning from crawling into a dishwasher at his home....man people need to watch there kids or don't have any :x

2. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

a line from a movie (parenthood) has always stuck with me...paraphrased:

"you need a license to drive, you need a license to get married or start a business, heck you even need a license to catch a fish! but, any dickhead can be a parent." :x :x
  3. azbill

azbill Active Member

kids are a gift to be taken seriously...or not at all
  4. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

even the ones that drive you insane, bill? :p

loco, i feel as strongly as you do...if i was ever in the position to help a child in that predicament, i'd rather explain to the judge why i kicked mommy & daddy's butts than go to a kid's funeral :evil:

boy! you really struck a nerve this morning...this issue is very personal for me.
  5. OldPete

OldPete Guest

Sad loco, it really is. All we can do is our part.
    My Sister told me of a couple that had their 6 month old between them in bed and sufficated the child in the night by rolling over.

I have been clean 'n sober 25 years and have lived, seen and heard way too many stories that fall into this class of horror.

I donate my old electronics to women's shelters here in LB.
    Saturday I'm going to look at old Shwinn and Worksman bicycles that are part of a kids charity.
    The youngsters clean 'n oil'em then turn the profit to buy more bikes.
    Most of this lot came from Boeing. I'm looking forward to having a lunch break with them this Saturday by invite of the program sponser.

Ya know, I should really bring some cold sodas for the kids and make up some cards with motoredbikes.com on them. :smile:
    That's what little I can personally do to make a difference and take no credit for any outcome.

Peace. :cool:
  6. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

tom will gladly send you stickers for future "pay it forward" endeavors! email him your address and let him know how many you need. i love the thought of the kids looking at the bikes 8)

ps-when in fla, i collected pc donations nationwide (thru the SysOpt & the techIMO forums) and built free-internet ready machines for other disabled veterans, it's very gratifying to get outta yer own head for a while :D
  7. azbill

azbill Active Member

it was a very short drive
    ...like down to the end of driveway :lol: :lol: :lol:

but I look at it this way...aren't we all a little off, in our own way
    :lol: :lol: :lol:
  8. locoWelder

locoWelder Guest

I know I'm 12 cans short of a 6 pack :razz: :razz:
  9. quay1962

quay1962 Guest

My neighbors had 2 children, they were real busy with slac (stanford linear excelarator) the youngest was not being watched, he turned on straight hot water in the bathtub, and steped his 2 year old self into the scalding water! Need I say more! :sad: The kid had 2nd to 3rd degree burns on his feet and calfs. :???: I think they needed a babysitter while at home too!