Just sayin.......

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Stan4d, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Stan4d

Stan4d Banned

2. sparky

sparky Active Member

**** everyone who doesn't want to change the system before it collapses on top of themselves.

3. sparky

sparky Active Member

Fork everyone who doesn't want to change the system before it collapses on top of themselves, I mean....

4. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

Nice sentiment.

Unfortunately, it is too late. Economically, this nation is done, and past done, to the point of falling off the bone and into the fire like an overcooked roast.

We have neglected infrastructure so badly that we are in need of at least ONE TRILLION dollars in repairs, just to maintain basic services. Forget upgrades. Over the last decade I've undertaken several road trips of @5,000 miles each - one of 9,000 miles. I've traveled every sort of road from interstates to gravel one laners, in about 15 states. Our roads are deteriorating incredibly quickly, and at best they are getting temporary pateches - most side roads haven't seen a road crew in years.

We have major cities contemplating abandonment of basic services - such as garbage pickup, fire protection, police patrols, water main maintenance and repair, etc - in entire neighborhoods die to lack of funds. Niagara Falls, NY, had a population of 105,000 in 1960 - today the population is less than half that, at 52,000. It looks like a plague zone, with thousands of abandoned properties and closed businesses. Yet, compared to Detroit, it is a paradise.

It's over, guys. All that is left is the whimpering desperation.

5. give me vtec

give me vtec Active Member

I agree with Simon and will add some... We don't have the manufacturing capacity to pay the debt. We ARE living on borrowed time quite literally. I fear when unemployment runs out the jobs won't be there for the 10%+ of the population to return to. What happens when they don't have jobs or government support.... At the same time our debt matures???

Couple that with the rampant inflation already setting in and the people will get hostile.

Revolution and social upheaval are on the horizon... Brace for impact.

6. retromike3

retromike3 Member

who there! it ant over yet

The U.S. with its face on the floor still made G.D.P. last year of 14 trillion dollars. We have the most efficient work force on the planet. and we are the most advanced in several areas. all we need is leadership and a way to get out from under the mess we have put ourselves in the past five or six years.

I remember the last time we had this size of mess there was this President, his name was Jimmy something and al of the same doom and gloom and then we had this other guy step in and say

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'

we seemed to make it out of that fiasco pretty well.

and later there was a lull in our markets "not as bad as now but not grate. and this other guy named Newt something took over the house and had this contract thing and guess what, we had the biggest surplus in our history. It wasn't the philander in chief that did it ether.

We just need the right man in the right place and we will do OK

I am looking at the governor from Louisiana or Jersey are looking pretty good to me now. Its hard to keep America down for long. Regardless of how bad certain people want us to stay as a second rate country.

7. SimpleSimon

Bobby Jindal is an intelligent guy, and not afraid of responsibility or controversy. Which makes him un-electable on the national level, because he is a really, really strange guy - he's basically honest, and a politician. The Gold Party will never support that.

8. Turtle Tedd

Turtle Tedd Member

RTROMIKE3...Right you are..

9. retromike3

retromike3 Member

who there! it ant over yet

The U.S. with its face on the floor still made G.D.P. last year of 14 trillion dollars. We have the most efficient work force on the planet. and we are the most advanced in several areas. all we need is leadership and a way to get out from under the mess we have put ourselves in the past five or six years.

I remember the last time we had this size of mess there was this President, his name was Jimmy something and al of the same doom and gloom and then we had this other guy step in and say

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'

we seemed to make it out of that fiasco pretty well.

and later there was a lull in our markets "not as bad as now but not grate. and this other guy named Newt something took over the house and had this contract thing and guess what, we had the biggest surplus in our history. It wasn't the philander in chief that did it ether.

We just need the right man in the right place and we will do OK

I am looking at the governor from Louisiana or Jersey are looking pretty good to me now. Its hard to keep America down for long. Regardless of how bad certain people want us to stay as a second rate country.

10. retromike3

retromike3 Member

sorry to repeat myself don't know how it happened

retromike3

11. SimpleSimon

This country has become the first major post-industrial nation. The GDP is essentially a meaningless figure, because at least 80% of that is the result of electronic paper and money shuffling - we really do not make much here at all except weapons and agricultural products.

So it does not measure "product", it measures processing with essentially no tangible result. Tell me, if you would, when the rest of the developing world enters into the opening stages of their shifts to a mixed information/industrial economy, exactly what need will there be for those "services"?

What follows an information economy when the need for the information services collapses?

12. sparky

sparky Active Member

Anarchism? Unless, the information economy can be utilized to create jobs in a super efficient/effective manner.

13. Stan4d

Stan4d Banned

It is a vicious circle. Look at other empires that collapsed.....they all reverted back to an agriculture based economy. And yes there was great turmoil in the process.