Just Saying Howdy

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by fredric4413, Jun 1, 2010.

1. fredric4413

fredric4413 New Member

My m.b. is in the shop right now but Im anxious for it to get out . I ride mine every day weather permiting . When I first got my m.b, the second I got into a wreck and was in the hospital for a few days . I got blown off the side of the road by the wind of a passing 18 wheeler I hit the guard rails on the side of an overpass . The accident was mostly caused by my inexperiance and being caught by surprise . I learned the value of having rearview mirrors . I also learned that when your over 60 the body dosent bounce as well as it did when I was younger . Well yall be careful this east texan says howdy and keep riding

2. professor

professor Active Member

Hi Fredric, welcome to Motoredbikes!

3. AussieSteve

AussieSteve Active Member

G'day Fredric and welcome.
    I'm glad you weren't seriously hurt. Just make sure you wear that helmet. I didn't a few months ago and learned the hard way, (front wheel slide in gravel, head-first into concrete), as have other members, including a couple who didn't make it.
    Enjoy these little bikes, but be careful and remember - we're completely invisible to cagers.
    I agree with your sentiments on rear-view mirrors. We're too old to be twisting around to see what's behind us. I have good, (Mountain Mirrycle), mirrors on both of my bikes. Worth their weight in gold.

Update: I just noticed that you've been a member for a year longer than me. I'm preaching to the converted. Thought you were a new arrival.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010