Just thought this was interesting

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by AnvilBlockForge, Apr 19, 2013.

1. This is a tire from a 1918 Harley found in a barn, makes you wonder what story is behind this
    What this bike has seen and where she's been xP
    Cause that is an interesting repair xD

Attached Files:

2. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Seems like i'm not the only one who MacGyvers things together:

craigs10.jpg

tyre_r10.jpg

craigs11.jpg

3. Samdallas214

Samdallas214 Member

Dam I thought I was cheap got to say got me beat by a mile.
    Now as far making something last, that me I fix it rig it and of curse duck tape it.
    Over the years I've had so much sh!+ given to me or found because it was broken , then I would rig it back together, and use it for the next 4-5 years, might not look like much but it worked and was free or cost little to nothing to fix

4. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

My situation required a good'ol'fashioned duct tape solution to a tyre that had unstitched itself from the wire bead in two places.

I was about 2 kilometers from an alpine summit and nothing was going to stop me, not even a tyre that was rapidly falling apart, and if need be, i was going to wrap the whole tyre in duct tape to get the job done.

5. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Dang front and rear disc brakes. Clean that up and its probably a nice high end bike. Declare war on flats with a Kevlar tire, thorn resistant tubes and good tire liners. Flats suck, been through that 7 mile walk home in 100deg weather and i'm not losing that battle again.